GO!

question about nine week old

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Tallulah Belle

I'm Ready For My- Closeup,- Darling!

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '08 10:10pm PST 
My nine week old female minpin weighs one pound and nine ounces. Is that a normal weight for a minpin pup? That would put her around four, five pounds full grown? Wondering you guys thoughts on this, this is the first minpin I have ever own.
[notify]
Gibbon

I came. I saw.- I conquered!

Barked: Tue Jul 15, '08 4:24am PST 
Min Pins average about 8 to 10 pounds full grown although I have seen a Mini Min Pin that topped at 3.5 pounds.

Where did you get your Min Pin? You may want to ask the breeder or where you got her from - she may be the tiny one of the litter. Or she might all of a sudden sprout. I wish I could help more but I was the largest of the litter - hehe.

You're pup is adorable!blue dog
[notify]
Peanut CL1- TG1

Agility addict!

Barked: Wed Jul 16, '08 10:39pm PST 
It's very hard to tell at this age what her weight will be when she's full grown.

Have you had her to the vet for a check up since you've had her? If not I would do that as soon as possible, they will tell you if she's a good weight or not.
[notify]

Brandy

Barked: Wed Jul 23, '08 1:33pm PST 
That sounds about what I weighed when I was that age. Now I weigh a whopping 5 pounds (at 7 years old)! I was the runt of the litter and was obviously smaller than my brothers & sisters! It could be you were the runt too! You're adorable though, and tell your mom not to worry. Small is good!
[notify]
Isis

The Energizer- bunny...did you- say bunny?

Barked: Tue Sep 30, '08 1:57pm PST 
Wow. . . I think I was about 2 1/2 lbs at 9 weeks, and my sister was 3 or 3 1/2 lbs. We're now about 10 and 15 lbs., respectively. I don't know if you can really scale that down and figure out how big you're going to get, but there are some more data points for you to compare yourself with.

You are so cute! Just remember that humans are VERY dense, so you have to try the cuteness early and often to have any hope of it working.
[notify]
Bella Donna

Do I get a treat- for this????

Barked: Wed Aug 26, '09 7:29pm PST 
Iwas little too.. My litter mates were my size a 3 weeks when I was 9 weeks.... but I am now a 3.5 pounder at 9 months.. some of us are just small..
[notify]