GO!

HELP!!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

MooMoo

Barked: Thu May 2, '13 7:59am PST 
i recently acquired a new wienie dog and my dogs love her but i'm about to pull my hair out with her! She has separation problems, she is getting better i can leave the house or room now and she doesnt whine but when i put her in her crate at night she whines and cries for about 40 minutes then lays down. And the potty training is the worst. i can be outside with her for 2 hours and she wont go but at soon as i come in the house and take her off the leash she goes potty everywhere and I've tried to discipline her and she thinks i'm playing with her. i don't know what to do I've tried everything! she is about a year old and her name is Kilala.
[notify]

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 10:15pm PST 
I totally understand the separation thing! They cling to one person. Try giving her time alone, so if you have a laundry that is safe etc put her in every now and then for a time out. Now with the toilet training this will be a constant battle, i think training with puppy pads is great! its not about yelling at them- they will think they cant go to the toilet out of fear of being yelled at. Its about positive reinforcement. So if you can get her on a mat treat her when she stays on the mat. try to encourage her to go to this place. When you do see her use the pad excite her with praise and a treat! They are very smart dogs and will pick this up quickly!
When they think your playing you need to firmly say no! and give them a time out.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 7:42pm PST 
Your Doxie may need a bit more love. A crate at night might not be the best thing for a dog who needs a lot of love. Maybe some of the problems could be resolved with a bed near your bed, under your bed, or as mine is, IN your bed. Snuggly little devils they are.
[notify]