GO!

balding wienies?!?!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3  

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '12 10:26pm PST 
My Oscar had started balding so I took him to the vet and they did a skin scrape and found he had skin mites(not contagious) so my girl was ok, pparently they are hereditary. They put him on meds and did more scrapes within 2 months they were gone and he got his hair back. And he has been fine ever since.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jul 1, '13 2:50pm PST 
My little Buttons also started balding at about 9 months. I had bloodtests and skin tests done and nothing wrong was found. Then I found it on the Internet... here is one link you can look at http://hotdogblog.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=178 but google "pattern baldness - dachshounds" and you will find plenty of reading. It is not serious and if it does not itch it really can do no harm to your doggy. Buttons is turning 3 in August and apart from being very bald around the ears, the inner neck, the buttocks, and the whole chest and tummy and the other hair being the first layer baby hair, he is tops in health and happiness. Hope it brings peace to every mommy with a bald little doxie out there.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3