GO!

How much does yours eat?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Goofy

Barked: Sun Dec 21, '08 11:04am PST 
I am curious to know how much does your mastiff eat?
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Tue Dec 30, '08 6:53am PST 
Depends on the food he's on. When he was on Hills Rx diet (which incidentally covered up his stomach problems rather than treat or fix them), he ate 8-9 cups a day and was still very lean.
On Orijen he's eating 6-7 cups a day and thriving. He should level out once he matures in a few years, but for this growing period i've definitely already used my arm and leg to get him the right food...But its totally worth it!

Edited by author Tue Dec 30, '08 6:54am PST

[notify]
Meshka

Can I sit in- your lap?

Barked: Sun Jan 18, '09 1:56pm PST 
My mastiff eats about 4 cups a day...when she actually eats. She doesn't eat twice a day or even once a day sometimes. She gets food everyday, it's just that sometimes she doesn't seem interested in eating. The vet say this is normal and she has a good body condition so it's fine for her.
[notify]

Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Sun Mar 29, '09 10:10am PST 
Meshka, I would also venture to say you are mixed with something smile Even small mastiffs get over 100lbs, and your head is not very mastiff typey at all... But you are a beautiful girl!!!
[notify]
Deogee

I love to- cuddle!

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '09 5:54pm PST 
Deogee takes about two weeks to eat a forty pound bag of food. So I guess that means she eats close to three pounds of food a day. Whoa I never actually put it in perspective that way! Well she walks about 1.5 miles a day which is the majority of her excercise (unless you count moving from bed to couch to bed throughout the day). She is also in good health, but still skinny at only 125 pounds. You can kind of see her ribs, even though she is eating senior food which is higher in carbs. She gets lots and lots of treats, so I guess she just has FAST metabolism. I wish I could eat three pounds a day, barely excercise and still be too thin!
[notify]