GO!

Help a New Owner

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Koalani- Ogasawara

Barked: Fri Apr 23, '10 9:44am PST 
Hello,

My name is Alan and I am the proud owner of a Lakeland Terrier. We have had her for 3 days and she is so new that we have not been able to decide on a name for her.

I have owned dogs in the past, but this will be my first terrier. I have many many questions, and I hope that this forum has an active community that is willing to offer advice.

Here is the first question: how much food is appropriate for her on a daily basis? She is 1.5 years old and about 4.5 kilograms right now. I have never had a dog with such an appetite. With all of my previous dogs,I would leave food out for them and they could eat as they pleased. I am realizing that this will not work for my Lakeland Terrier as she has an enormous and undiminished appetite!

Thanks for the advice!

-Alan
[notify]