GO!

At what age do labs calm down?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Duke

My sweet boy

Barked: Mon Sep 1, '08 6:24pm PST 
Duke is always hyper except when he is sleeping. He always runs in the house(sometimes he slips) Outside he likes to run all over and I have to make sure he doesn't knock me over.

He'll be 3 in October.
[notify]
LOBO

Barked: Tue Sep 2, '08 1:40pm PST 
My lab Lobo has finally calmed down ("matured") at his current age of 6. And he gets daily exercise too at the dog park and w/ walks.
[notify]
Duke

My sweet boy

Barked: Wed Sep 3, '08 8:48am PST 
Duke hasn't matured yet. He still acts like a big ol pup! He thinks he is a lap dog,He'll get on the chair I am sitting in and sit down on my lap. Sometimes I am to tell him to get off cause he is heavy.
[notify]

Hailey

Sweet as- chocolate

Barked: Fri Sep 5, '08 5:16pm PST 
12 years old.
[notify]
Magnum NAJ- O-TN-N OJC- WV-N

Run fast, run- clean!

Barked: Fri Sep 5, '08 8:12pm PST 
I like to describe Labs as 'eternal puppies'. I think that's one of the main reasons people are drawn to the breed. No matter how mad they make you when they're going crazy, they'll do something goofy to make you laugh.
[notify]
Willie

Barked: Fri Sep 5, '08 8:14pm PST 
Unfortunately, my lab is 6 years old and he is still crazy as all get out. Although, he has stopped chewing everything he sees.
HTH
[notify]
Hailey

Sweet as- chocolate

Barked: Sat Sep 6, '08 7:15am PST 
I still run around, it's just harder for me. If I could I would and I'm 12.
[notify]
Brown Gravy- Megatron

Gravy

Barked: Thu Sep 11, '08 6:27am PST 
i'm 3 years old and I sleep 18 hours a day, but love going on walks and swims
[notify]
Dylan- Maverick,- FUNC

Troopy is my- hero!

Barked: Fri Sep 12, '08 10:25pm PST 
Mommy chuckled when she read the title of this thread. I'm not sure we really ever "mature" or "calm down." Mom says that she did notice I calmed down a bit approaching 3 and have started listening better now that I have turned 4. We truly are the eternal puppies though, that's part of what makes us so loveable. cloud 9

That said, a tired lab is a good lab. Make sure to get enough exercise and also to have toys to play with. Labs LOVE to chew things, as I'm sure you know. Mom buys the big beef soup bones from the butcher, bakes them in the oven at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes, and when they're cool, gives them to us. I absolutely love them. I will work at one for an hour to get all the yummy marrow out (great for the coat) and having a powerful jaw, a big thick bone last longer. You can also try stuffing one of those giant black kongs or see your vet about the special blue ones that only vets sell. All that chewing wears a labbie out. way to go
[notify]
Charlie

Barked: Fri Sep 19, '08 8:50pm PST 
My younger lab calmed down quite a bit at a little less than 2. Of course, she had our older dog teaching her how to behave, so I think that helped.

She also gets a run in the morning, a walk in the evening, and a little obedience training thrown in, so there's not a ton of excess energy.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5