GO!

How to provide sufficient exercise for an Iggy mix?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bella

Bella Boom Boom- Loves to Vroom- Vroom~

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 11:56am PST 
Bella is 1/4 Iggy, but looks 1/2 Iggy with her long, muscular legs. We've tried walking her, but I don't think it's enough b/c when she's off leash, she's running laps around the yard outside.

She's abt 7 months old. Do y'all walk your Iggies? If so, how much is sufficient? Should I be running with her instead?
[notify]
Just A- Little Faith

An Amazing- Miracle Dog!

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '07 11:05pm PST 
IGs love to be active, if a walk leavs your girl wanting more, I find a play session with another dog, or a romp session in the yard is a great form of excercise and fun for them! This gives them the freedom to run as much as they want - and IGs LOVE to run!!!

Also, you are invited to visit www.IGWhispers.com where a whole lot of friently folks would love to share IG information with you and hear about your little Iggy mix girl!

wink
------------------------
~Laura
www.JustALittleFaith.co m - The Story of Faith's Miracle!
www.IGWhispers.com - Online Italian Greyhound Community!
[notify]
Hazen

Huger'er'er than- Hype!

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '07 9:10pm PST 
LONG walks, chase or sparring with them on the floor or in the yard, roller-blading, jogging, or get one of those laser light beams and they will chase that for ever!

We do the long walks, chase/sparring and the laser beam (bad knees and such so can't do the others- but friend of mine does).
[notify]