GO!

Hairloss?!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Keelie

Wanna Race?

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '07 12:50pm PST 
I know some iggies have problems with loosing hair, I do! I found a solution online but I don't know if it works yet. I'm trying it right now. What it is, is to take some lemon juice and water and mix it together and rub it on the places your loosing hair and tada! I'm trying it I'll let you know if it works later! Hope it works for you! smile
[notify]
Paloma- Belladogga

Love me, pet me,- feed me. Now.

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '07 8:53pm PST 
At our most recent visit to the vet, he noticed some hair loss on Bullet. The vet told us to use lotion/baby oil on the dry spots and vitamin E pills. Seems to be working. Also, in this post-recall world, we're eating dry food now, GROSS!, but it seems to be helping our coats. The dry food is mostly salmon, so it has a lot of good oils to it. Hope this helps.
[notify]
Pearl

Save Lives! Spay- and Neuter!

Barked: Sun May 6, '07 1:45pm PST 
Some IG's have a genetic hair loss, alopecia. More common in the blue or blue fawn dogs. My understanding is that is it not 'curable' because it is genetic.
Another cause could be a thyroid imbalance.
[notify]

Petey - AAA,AACR

Bing Bing Bing !- Ricochet Rabbit- !

Barked: Thu May 10, '07 10:20am PST 
Have you had your thyroid checked with the Vet?eek
[notify]
Keelie

Wanna Race?

Barked: Tue May 15, '07 5:08pm PST 
No I have not. But we figured it out, I was allerigic to my old food. I think she was allergic to chicken or turkey. So now that we stoped eating all chicken and turkey her hair is growing back! YAH!!! dancing Thanks for all your help! Keelie {paw} smile
[notify]