GO!

What happened in Food and Nutrition?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 10:44am PST 
I'm not computer techy at all but where did all that super annoying posting in food and nutrition come from and can somebody make it go away? I just need an honest review of Blue Buffalo.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 11:03am PST 
Ophelia, I have sent multiple alerts to HQ and no response yet. Either they aren't reading the alerts or they just can't get that clown to stop spamming us.
[notify]
Bullie

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 4:35am PST 
In the meantime, I'll answer your Blue Buffalo question.

My dogs were on it until I got a dog who is allergic to chicken. The Blue Buffalo Wilderness is great. High protein, low carb, with lots of meat in it. I had a dog that would spit out the Life Source Bits so I would pick up the leftover bits and give it to him for treats.

dogfoodadvisor.com has a more detailed analysis.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 5:19am PST 
Ophelia,
What Bullie Saidway to goway to go My pups love Blue Buffalo Wilderness formula. They do fine on the regular as well but we tried the Wilderness to see if it made a difference with Mika having runny eyes,Akita's are prone to strange and random allergies,so you try the simple things first,it worked,so we stuck with it. As long as your pups like it,do well on it,it is readily available,and fits your budget,go for it. Our pus are healthy,happy,and do great on it.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 7:43am PST 
I got a response from HQ today. They are working hard on the problem. It is coming from an auto-generator that creates new ISPs in an instant. They have been trying. Let's be patient & hope they can shut these jerks down.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 1:44pm PST 
Chance ate Blue Buffalo Wilderness and did good on it until they changed the formula to what it is now and she kept regurgitating her meals.

The last bag of the old formula also contained some corn-based Dad's brand cat food from the hopper not being cleaned out at the manufacturer.
The new formula was packaged in one of the old formula bags so the problems were a surprise.
[notify]
Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 11:55am PST 
We've received an avalanche of spam in Dogster Forums. Watch Dog, the Moderators, and I, removed hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of spam posts. Unfortunately, the spammers are creating accounts regulary, and posting in the Forums consistently, every minute or so. Legitimate posts are buried 25 pages in.

The Tech Team and Ops Urgent were unable to resolve the issue or remove the SPAM posts in the Forums, nor are they able to investigate further until Monday.

In the meantime, in an effort to thwart the spammers I requested to have Dogster registration disabled. Unfortunately, they are somehow making their way around the disabled registration. I have tried unsuccessfully to "bump" buried posts but the spammers one up me. Le sigh.

Please know that the Community team is doing everything we can to remove existing spam in the Forums and hope the technical team will find a permanent solution after the week's end.

Thanks for all your help flagging these posts and have a great weekend!
Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 2:58pm PST 
Come join the fun!

Satellite TV Welcoming Pawmmittee in F&N

wishes