|Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 5:43pm PST |
|Odd. Was the size, thickness, color and texture of your treats similar to the store bought ones?
If the dogs swallowed them in too large a chunk then it could upset the tummy but that isn't what happened with my dogs. The dogs would be fine for a few days then vomit super disgusting stuff, including the indigestible bit.
Possibly the long drying time allowed bacteria to grow on them? Usually this won't bother dogs much though.
I would try parboiling uniformly cut slices and drying faster. Drop prepared slices in boiling water and after water comes to a boil fish them back out and put on the dehydrator tray. I usually put stuff to dry at night and shift the bits around the next morning so they are mostly done at about the same time.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|