GO!

need some cake and cookie/treat recipies

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 8:14pm PST 
hello,

Jake is about to have his half birthday so i'm looking for a cake recipe. The only catch is Jake is allergic to wheat, corn, soy, grains. So i need to use potato or rice flour.

I'm also looking for recipes to make him treats for training. Cookies that can be bake would be best since i don't own a dehydrator to make jerkies or anything like that unfortunately.

your help and recipes will make me happy and help jake have a great party.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 8:22pm PST 
How about a nice meat loaf with mashed potato 'frosting'? Decorate with cooked carrot or beet slices maybe? You could soak up the meat juices by mixing the meat with oatmeal and egg is a good binder.

I am not a fan of crispy cookies for training. Excited dogs don't swallow well anyway and real meat is smellier than dry stuff seems to me. Why not cook up a lean bit of chicken breast or pork loin, slice thin and give pinches off the slice? The no little bits to fall on the grass is a big plus for me as well.
[notify]
Bella

Lap Dog- Extraordinaire!

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 8:19am PST 
I posted a liver treat recipe here http://www.dogster.com/forums/Home_Prepared_Food_Recipes/thread/7245 80 (look for the one "Caesar" posted) but I'm sure you could substitute another type of flour for the regular kind.

I like this recipe for several reasons, mainly because you don't cook the liver first and it doesn't stink up the kitchen!!
[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 13, '12 8:04am PST 
Check out mydogsbreakfast.com for lots of recipes!! Posting once per week. Meals, treats, resources...

Jen
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Mon Feb 13, '12 4:27pm PST 
I've made this "Muttloaf" recipe for Chance for her birthday. We ate it too.
http://caninecookiecompany.co.uk/information.php?info_id=5

It calls for breadcrumbs so you may have to get creative with that.

I own their recipe book and so far haven't come across anything she's turned her nose up at.

You can make jerky in the oven, I did it with lamb.
[notify]