GO!

Doggie "Chicken noodle soup"?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Lola

no outfit is- complete without- dog hair

Barked: Mon Jul 25, '11 8:58pm PST 
My dog lola eats Tiki Dog canned and wellness dry, but for thanksgiving and christmas I want to make her a special meal, so I was thinking of doing a homemade chicken noodle soup with limited ingrediants, I don't know much about homemade diet, so I want to see what you guys think of the recipe smile please give me suggestions smile.
RECIPE:
2 homeless skinless cooked breasts (cubed)
1 chopped carrot
Half a cup of noodles
1 teaspoon of flour (to thicken broth from the chicken breast)
POSSIBLE INGRIDIENTS (please tell me if its okay to add this) :
1 stalk celery finely chopped.

I would not add any salt or seasonings. Just the broth from the boiled chicken breast.
[notify]
Lola

Barked: Mon Jul 25, '11 9:01pm PST 
Oh my! I see some really bad typos
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts *
[notify]
Lola

Barked: Mon Jul 25, '11 9:01pm PST 
Oh my! I see some really bad typos
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts *
[notify]

Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Mon Jul 25, '11 9:07pm PST 
If it's a holiday meal, why not give her some healthy scraps from your dinner? Turkey meat, a teeny bit of gravy and mashed potatoes, a little dab of cranberry sauce, etc. At least at my house, the kitchen is WAAAAY too busy with our food to make something special for the pooches (and besides, they LOVE Thanksgiving food anyway.)

Celery (and pretty much all other veggies) is fine. Onion is not (though I've never heard of a dog getting poisoned by one bite of a food containing a small amount of onion.)
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Mon Jul 25, '11 11:24pm PST 
When you mentioned 'chicken soup' I thought of Halo's recipe for dog food! It is down on the site but the wayback machine found it, take out any pesky spaces in the address.
http://web.archive.org/web/20090303131408/http://www.halop ets.com/resources/homemade-pet-food-recipes/homemade-dog-food-recipe s.html
Spot's Stew Chicken

Yield: About 8 Cups

2 ½ pounds whole chicken
¼ cup chopped fresh garlic
1 cup green peas
1 cup coarsely chopped carrots
½ cup coarsely chopped sweet potato
½ cup coarsely chopped zucchini
½ cup coarsely chopped yellow squash
½ cup coarsely chopped green beans
½ cup coarsely chopped celery
1 tablespoon kelp powder
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
11 to 16 cups spring water

Feel free to use veggies in a different combination. ATM around here green beans are expensive but sweet potato is cheap for instance. I would use much less garlic and rosemary and leave out the kelp unless you have it on hand. Put all into a pot, simmer until meat falls off the bone, take the chicken out so it cools faster so you can bone it, meat and skin [if fat is tolerated by your dog] back into the pot and use a stick blender to make a nice 'cream' of chicken soup. See the website for more ideas on how to make this.
[notify]