GO!

Chicken treats recipes

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Tue Mar 1, '11 10:33am PST 
Does anyone know of any easy treats I can make from chicken? I know I could easely just boil it and give him tiny pieces but any other more tasty ideas? thinking
[notify]
MACH, C-ATCH- Bailey RN,- CGCA

Is today agility- day??

Barked: Tue Mar 1, '11 12:39pm PST 
I've made chicken jerky in the oven. Slice chicken breast into thin strips. Lay on a cookie sheet. Bake at 180 degrees for 3 hours.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Tue Mar 1, '11 1:03pm PST 
Rufio, if you have a food processor, then the sky's the limit! Put the boneless chicken, a few eggs (i leave the shells, too)& a bit of liquid (broth,water,milk). Puree until smooth, pour into a big bowl & add dry stuff until it is thick enough to spread onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for about 45 mins. At this point, score it into bite sized pieces (if you want) & carefully flip the whole thing over. Bake for another 30-40 mins & Voila!
For *dry stuff...I use various combos of: whole wheat flour, wheat germ, Red River cereal, skim milk powder, oatmeal, wheat/oat bran. Have fun, experiment...Rufio will love it!
[notify]

Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Wed Mar 2, '11 5:36am PST 
I have a dehydrator (not an expensive one) and make chicken or turkey and sweet potato jerky. Mix a pound of raw ground chicken or turkey with a large peeled, boiled, and mashed sweet potato. You can add other flavorings here if you want. Mix it together thoroughly, then spread onto the sheet and dehydrate at high for several hours. I usually flip it over once the top is totally dry so the bottom can dry out some. I pull it when it has a soft jerky texture, soft enough that I can break it, but tough enough that it's not dry or gummy. My guys love it.
[notify]
Morgana

THROW THE BALL- THROW THE BALL

Barked: Sat Mar 5, '11 7:45am PST 
I make dehydrated treats.... Chicken liver heart gizzards ect into the dehydrator or over (at the lowest heat) and flip ever 3 to 6 hours.... make sure you put it on wax paper if you do it in the oven.
[notify]
Mackenzie- CGC TDI DSA

Why sit when you- can lie down?

Barked: Sat Mar 5, '11 8:18am PST 
I sprinkle oregano and garlic on the chicken breasts before I bake it. It makes it nice and smelly and they go crazy for it!
[notify]