GO!

A Few Recipes from When we Use to Homecook

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Gerard

Special Needs- Dog

Barked: Wed Feb 9, '11 1:00am PST 
I thought I would just share some of our old recipes with you guys. I use to feed homecooked, but have switched to Evangers.

Tip: For quick meals when you don't have what you need or can't make an entire recipe/meal, just open up a can of meat or boil some ground meat. I use to do this with canned salmon, ground venison, ground beef, ground bison, ground chicken, ground duck, pheasant breast, and ground rabbit.

This is one I call Wholesome Chicken. I used chicken, eggs, green peas, oatmeal, vegetable broth, barley, and some added chicken fat (trimmed from our chicken, since we don't eat the fat). I just kind of eyed the amount of put in. But, the dogs really loved it. I just kind of put everything in a big pot with some water and boiled for about an hour.

Here is one I called Wholesome Lamb. I used lamb, peas, eggs, oatmeal, barley, chicken livers, yellow peas, vegetable broth, and ground flaxseed. Same thing as the recipe above. I just eyed the portions and boiled for about an hour. Very easy, dogs loved it.

This one is called Autumn Stew. I used chicken, chicken broth, chicken livers, sweet potatoes, bacon, canned pumpkin, eggs, and green peas.

Football Stew: I named this one becaues I invented it on last year's Super Bowl. haha It is chicken, chicken broth, red potatoes, beef, bacon, green peas, tomatoes, and white potatoes.

Christmas Stew: Chicken, chicken broth, chicken liver, sweet potatoes, peas, butternut squash, brown rice, and eggs.

Italian Stew: Beef, beef broth, chicken, beef liver, carrots, macaroni, peas, oatmeal, eggs, and nutritional yeast.

Grandma's Stew: Beef, beef broth, barley, brown rice, white rice, carrots, chicken

Wisconsin Stew: Lamb, beef broth, chicken liver, barley, lamb liver, brown rice, white rice

PS: Sorry for not giving exact amounts here. I never wrote it down, just eyeballed it.
[notify]