GO!

Balancing the Diet in 21 Easy Steps

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 4 of 9: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Other posts by this user

Barked: Sun Feb 7, '10 12:11am PST 
Good idea, but what works for raw doesn't always work for home-cooked. I would like to point that out.
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Sun Feb 7, '10 12:53am PST 
The NRC recommendations are the NRC recommendations. Doesn't matter if it's home-cooked or raw the spreadsheet gives us the best information we have on the nutrient requirements of dogs.

The rest of the post just explains how to use NutritionData. Raw and home-cookers use it in the same way.
[notify]
Bandit

i love the beach

Barked: Wed Feb 24, '10 6:23pm PST 
Thanks Sedona! I went over to the RAW thread and threw a party!

snoopyhappy dancesnoopy
[notify]

Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Wed Mar 10, '10 7:19pm PST 
BUMP!
[notify]
Kuma

Desperately cute- & stinky!

Barked: Wed Mar 17, '10 12:02pm PST 
OMG, Sedona!!! That's quite a bit of information! I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I guess it doesn't help that I've been a emotional wreck in the last 16 hours since I realized Kuma had a wound from an encounter with a dog. cry

I think I'm just gonna follow the recipes that Kuma's vet gave me and the recipes from Pitcairm's book. I already got the supplements to follow those recipes. I'll try to revisit this post once I'm in a better place.

The good news is that Kuma's vet was supportive of me cooking for Kuma. Kuma gained more weight; so, he's gotta be on a diet. confused
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Wed Mar 17, '10 12:05pm PST 
Wow. You go through an awful lot just to feed your dog. Raw is so much easier! laugh out loud
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Wed Mar 17, '10 3:37pm PST 
Hey KUMA!!!hamster dance

It just shows ya how to use NutritionData.com to help balance diets. Handy thing to learn once you get into the groove more. That way you can whip up a balanced meal plan from scratch with whatever is on sale that week.way to go

Moses, even raw feeders need to check vitamin and mineral levels. Following the prey model, barf, or whatever guidelines does not always ensure proper nutrition.
[notify]
Kuma

Desperately cute- & stinky!

Barked: Wed Mar 17, '10 4:47pm PST 
Thanks, Sedona! I think I already saved it in the computer, but if not, I know I can always come back to this post. I'm getting closer and closer to start home cooked meals for Mr. Kuma.
[notify]
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Wed Mar 17, '10 7:37pm PST 
And it is okay to have an imperfect diet for a while too. You fix it as you go along!
[notify]
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Fri May 7, '10 11:35am PST 
Bump to the top of the board!
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 9: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9