GO!

Anyone feed Tofu?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 6:14pm PST 
I have a mixed lab that I adopted from the SPCA. She is now, we think, 10-11 yrs old. She enjoys eating the food I enjoy. Recently I had some teeth pulled and am going thru a period of needing soft food. I have always loved Tofu, Miso soup etc. So when I take my tofu out, she is right there and loves getting a small block of it. I do not feed it as a meal, but more as a treat. And now the other food that she has gotten into is seaweed. I just plop some seaweed into her bowl which she enjoys.

Her name is Jasmine and I feed her a Blue Buffalo weight control diet. But I think giving her baked garlic cloves, seaweed and tofu as treats is fine. Oh also she loves ice cubes as treats.

It would be interesting to find out if a dog could exist on a tofu, seaweed diet. I doubt it? Anyone know?

fei

blue dog
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 7:15pm PST 
I have Akitas and every thing I have researched says soy is really bad for them,can contribute to bloat and torsion because of the ammount of gas it produces,is a major allergy trigger,and some studies have suggested that it can contribute to agression in some breeds but that was passed on by a vet tech in the breed specific forum so I'm not sure even I would go that far but I do everything I can to minimize the risk of bloat so if the label says it contains soy my pups don't get it.
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Sat Feb 25, '12 12:32pm PST 
Because it's made from Beans you may find that it gives your dog gas. (Might have to do with the afore mentioned bloat issue?) thinking it'd be good in small amounts for treats, particularly if your trying to pin point a protein allergy.
[notify]

Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Sat Feb 25, '12 12:32pm PST 
Because it's made from Beans you may find that it gives your dog gas. (Might have to do with the afore mentioned bloat issue?) thinking it'd be good in small amounts for treats, particularly if your trying to pin point a protein allergy.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Mar 28, '12 7:42pm PST 
Thoughts on this article?
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2 012/03/28/avoid-using-soy-on-pets.aspx

Saya is raw fed, but she does get home made dog treats, and sometimes cooked snacks she loves fish fudge. hehe

I don't give her soy ever though I rather give her other things..
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3