GO!

Everyone's favorite topic - - Anal Glands!!

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Jasper

Whut?

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 8:04am PST 
Toto...that's disgusting! I let my groomers take care of my packs Anal Glands... cuz it's gross and smelly. laugh out loudbig laugh
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 1:00pm PST 
Yeah, us groomers love that job!!!!!!!!
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 2:33pm PST 
I'm dreading the day I have to do this to Moose. How your dogs stand still for this is beyond me.
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 4:21pm PST 
Moose, you may be in luck...I have NEVER emptied any of my labs anal glands and they have NEVER had a problem, well, once, years ago one female had hers abscess and the vet and I decided to leave them alone and they would be fine since she was totally ignoring them. Sort of Mother Nature and Father Time??? They were fine, healed nicely and she never had another issue with them EVER.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Mon Mar 18, '13 8:38am PST 
Vets love this kind of stuff too! While expressing Scruffy's anal glands the vet turned to me and said "I love my job!" big laugh
[notify]
Lonnie

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 2:10pm PST 
Would having full anal glands cause a little dog to eat less?
[notify]
Tuvok

Toovy Doovy Doo- Ready and- Willing!

Barked: Mon May 27, '13 8:15pm PST 
Tuvok has had a anal gland abscess. It was very nasty and painful. Now they get expressed regularly.
None of my other dogs have ever needed this done, thankfully.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2