GO!

Let's Talk: Do You Tip Your Groomer, Dog Walker, or Pet Sitter?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

  
(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  


Member Since
12/02/2012
 
 
Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 8:35pm PST 
I always tip my groomer. If anything, it shows my utmost appreciation for what they have done for my dog. Also, the generosity will help get them to provide better services for my dog too. big grin
[notify]


Member Since
12/08/2013
 
 
Barked: Sun Dec 8, '13 8:23am PST 
I have worked as a Kennel Attendant for over 5 years and have never received a tip. There are times when it would be really nice. Wages for this position are very low and much lower than the money made by a groomer. They get the tips and we clean there space for them, walk the groomed dogs for them and wash and dry their towels. Not complaining though. What I get from my job, about 90% of the time, is a loving, trusting, excited to see me,smart animal. Wouldn't trade the kisses and compassion I get from them for anything. The other 10% can be a challenge but usually have lost their fear and loneliness before they have left the kennel and have joined the top 90%.
[notify]


Member Since
03/13/2014
 
 
Barked: Thu Mar 13, '14 4:58am PST 
Only the dog sitter, the rest has fix prices so I usually don't, but there have been exceptions.
[notify]



Member Since
03/21/2014
 
 
Barked: Fri Mar 21, '14 5:44am PST 
My suggestion to all is always tip the groomer.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2