GO!

Shampoo for white fur?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Roxy

Reaaadddyy..seee- ttt.. G---OH A- BIRD!!!

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 9:24pm PST 
Trying to find a Shampoo or something that works really well with white fur and is good for getingt stains out? I have used Nature's Miracle( i think that's name), it works well but Id like to find something else that may be better.
[notify]
Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '12 10:24am PST 
I personally use Paul Mitchells brightening shampoo, but I found this old thread that may be helpful to you:
Whitening Shampoo
[notify]
Turner

Canadian- Champion, CGN

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 1:47pm PST 
In my shop I use Groomer's Best Shampoos, and the whitening one is called Midnight White. I just call it protein shampoo though, because I find it brightens all colours, not just white (but it's definitely the most noticeable on white). Groomer's Best also has a shampoo called Alpha White as well, I think it works better on whites, I've never tried it and not sure what all the difference is with it. I always use a protein shampoo on my Sheltie and his whites always look very bright.

For staining, I usually use peroxide. If a dog has that rust coloured staining on their legs, or wherever, from licking, usually putting peroxide on it for a few minutes will help it some. It won't make it disappear completely, but it will help. It depends how bad the stains are of course, and how often you use something on it to fight it. Also if the stains are from licking then there's probably another problem that needs to be looked after first (some sort of irritation) or the staining will remain if the dog continues to lick.
[notify]

Ch. Ali, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 3:14pm PST 
While peroxide may temporarily help lighten stains, in the long term it will only make them worse as it opens the hair shaft and allows any further staining to completely penetrate the shaft.
It also will strip the oils out of the hair and can ruin a show coat in just one application.
[notify]