GO!

Pine Tar

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Darcy

All I need is- Love......

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 8:42am PST 
How can I remove it? Darcy has a blue spruce tree that she digs/lays under. I noticed she has some tar on her elbow. With her being such a short coated dog I was wondering how I can remove it from her fur? Thanks! big grin
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 12:13pm PST 
Haha, I usually use baby wipes, a comb and scissors. But Jewel gets it in her feet and I just cut out any that doesn't comb out. I don't know if it would be easier or harder with short hair.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 12:43pm PST 
Rub peanut butter (Yup, that stuff they love so much!!!) into the fur and let it sit a bit before combing it thru. Then, wash the area well with warm, soapy water and rinse. Viola, pine tar is GONE!!! OR you can let the dogs lick the peanut butter out after you rub in in well and comb, same end result but happy dogs!!!
[notify]

Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 4:33pm PST 
Toto beat me to it laugh out loud Peanut butter is truly the best. I rub it in well, then let them lick it off. I live in the rainforest..we have tons of pines, cedars, maples..you name it. PB gets all kinds of plant sap/tar out.
[notify]
The Roo- Crew™- ©®

We go together- like peas &- carrots

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 4:45pm PST 
We use real mayonnaise on our sticky bits. Just put it on before you go for a walk to distract from licking it, so it soaks in for a little while. Oh, and be sure to put a towel down on the places you lie.way to go
Unless you like grease spots.laugh out loud
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 8:16pm PST 
Mayo and peanut butter are full of oil., maybe baby oil, cooking oil, butter or hand lotion would work. dog walk
[notify]
The Roo- Crew™- ©®

We go together- like peas &- carrots

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 5:44pm PST 
As long as it is safe to consume! big grin
Darcy

All I need is- Love......

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '12 6:04am PST 
If I put peanutbutter on her Grunt will NEVER leave her alone! laugh out loudlaugh out loud Thanks guys! Gonna try it today - it's their bath days....flowers
[notify]
Lola

But I did it for- the family!!!

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '12 1:37pm PST 
Alright, I'm trusting you guys here, Lola LOVES peanut butter, and has pitch stuck between her toes, where she won't let me get near with a pair of scissors. So, here's hoping she leaves the peanut butter on there long enough for it to help.
[notify]