GO!

Chris Christensen products for White and Toy Breeds

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Keeva

My name is- Gaelic for- "Gentle"

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 1:30pm PST 
Keeva will be anxiously awaiting the results! I gave her a bath today as she spent the last couple days playing outside a lot. What was I thinking getting a white dog in rain country?laugh out loud I would just groom her too like you are thinking of doing but I wouldn't have a clue as to how to clip around her pads and stuff like that.
Good luck tomorrow and I hope you feel betterwave
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 4:17pm PST 
Thanks Keeva flowers

Well of course it feels like Christmas around here with 'new goodies' to play with laugh out loud so I had to give them a try!! way to go

Here are the preliminary results, subject to change of course, being a woman! wink

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the Silk Spirits!!! way to go

Will definitely be ordering this one again..although, it is quite a large bottle, and considering you only need a drop or two, I can deinitely see how it will last a lonnngg time!! I instantly felt a HUGE change in Frankie's coat as I smoothed it through with juat my hands..and then after he was dried, WOW!!! party It made brushing effortless!! way to go way to go way to go

The white-on-white kit..
The White shampoo I guess works well..There is no lather, which those of us used to a lather may think we need 'more'...But it did do it's job very nicely and I am waiting to see the results over the next few days as well..

The fluff stuff..
I may wait to order this again, if at all, when Frankie is older..he is a puppy now, and with his puppy/adult coat 'fighting' as his adult coat comes in, I may wait until he is older and his adult coat is completely in..the last thing I want now is something that *may* make matting worse, if even remotely..so the 'fluff' stuff may have to wait, if at all, being a boy, he gets called a 'girl' enough, anyway..red face

After bath:
very nice. again, a little goe a lonngg way..not much of a scent, which is nice if you do not like heavy-scents or your little boy dog really does not want to smell like a flower..flowers

Ice on Ice:
Just sprayed it on.
But I am so tickled with Silk Spirits (which I used a good 20 minute before the Ice on Ice), that I would probably be tickled if Silk Spirits was the only product I ever ordered from them again..The debate on Ice on Ice is still out, but so far, Silk Spirits i my fave...cloud 9

Show-Off Spray:
Not used yet..
will wait until he needs some spot-cleaning...wink

Overall:
Frankie is hands-down the softest he has ever been..Even when he was a puppy or any visit to the groomer, he has never been this soft..
Soooo..I am not sure if it is aaalllll the white-on-white products working together, but I definitely noticed a HUGE change when Silk Spirits was applied..applause applause applause

The next time, I may try Silk Spirits with some of his older shampoos, and see how they work together...

The nice thing, too, is the scent is almost none-existant. applause
Which, with me and my sensitve nose, and the old man intensely disliking almost every dog shampoo/conditioner smell out there, that alone may keep us coming back...way to go

But all in all, very nice products...

I will hold off getting any of the brushes or combs, as Frankie's fur is clipped pretty short right now..

But that is my update.
At least the white-on-white kit is very affordable if you want to use the products every now and then, and the Silk Spirits will last a long time...wink

Can't wait to try the Show-Off, though!! laugh out loud

Is it bad that when I buy something in a store or order something online that is not for Frankie, I feel guilty...?? red face laugh out loud smile
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 4:18pm PST 
PS-the 'fluff stuff' is called Thick and Thicker... red face wink
[notify]

Keeva

My name is- Gaelic for- "Gentle"

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 6:21pm PST 
Frankie's mom...you make me laughlaugh out loud I can hardly wait now to try some new products. I will still take Keeva to the groomer but that little bug is a digger ourside and I end up having to bathe her myself inbetween. I am going to wait on the brush too...until she gets her adult coat. I have to tell you this.....BOTH of the people that told me about that brush told me they never told their husband's how much they cost. The first was a lady we met in Scotland and the other was the wife of the breeder. In fact when we picked up Keeva the wife told me about the brush and on the side said they are expensive and she had not told her husband. As she was showing me the brush her husband walked in and all shocked said "That's the DOG'S brush????? I have been using it every morning!!!big laugh Anyway, thanks for the post and keep letting me know about everything. As for ordering stuff online for the pup.....I just received UPS a FidoRido for Keeva. I spent more on it than I did for either of the carseats for my grandkidslaugh out loud The little twirp better like it.
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 11:30pm PST 
Frankie I think you'd be surprised by the Thick and Thicker, it shouldn't by all rights cause any matting problems, what it Should do is help each hair stand out independent from each other as well as smooth the hair shaft. I've used similar products with good results. I'm glad to know that you like it, the lack of smell would actually turn me off because I like mine to smell like Something and dislike using colones on Happy since he goes out in public, but he wears essential oils on his collar so I'm not sure it would matter that much.
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 8:31am PST 
Keeva, isn't it funny how we keep things for the dog(s) a secret sometimes..? laugh out loud

Never heard of the FidoRido..I have a car booster seat for Frankie, we have had it for a few months now, but have only used it about 6-7 times..it is in the 'other' car that we hardly ever drive...He still will cry when we first place him in it, but he quickly settles in and seems to relax and even 'enjoy the view'! wink

Happy..yes, I am sure it does make the hair stand up more, and look fuller..even today it is still standing up..Just hypothetically speaking, that is probably the one I would not opt to buy on it's own...wink

But he is still soft as silk today...and with the old man being fussy about scents and with my allergies, the clean scent is a welcome feature..smile

I think they have spray colognes, or there are sooo many spray colognes out there these days...Colognes and scented sprays are nice options though. wink
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 3:57pm PST 
Well here is my update after 2 days after the bath..
He still looks amazingly white..
In fact, even whiter than the day of the bath, if that is possible...???

I seem to even like the 'fluff stuff' (sorry, I know it is called Thick and Thicker, but it seems to coined the name 'fluff stuff' in ths house...:p ) His fur is still 'standing on end--in the nice way ike when he is freshly groomed...

Being he gets bathed roughly once a week, I doubt this will be our regular shampoo/bath products, but more than likely will be ued about once a month or so...when he and I both need a little 'something special!!' wink cloud 9 cloud 9 Plus, from what I have read, it is best 'not' used with every bath...right...?
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 5:33pm PST 
Actually these products should be fine used that often, some of those products are even meant for dogs that get daily baths. For just bathing one small dog (I have five medium ones right now) it actually may be more cost effective because when kept clean you'll use less of it than some lower quality products.
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 5:48pm PST 
Very good point. Happy..
He/We can indulge more often!! cloud 9

I do forget that is is uper-concentrated, and as I mentioned in a previous post, because it does not lather much, I tend to forget you really need much less than you do a 'normal' shampoo.

I should probably take the 4 oz bottles and dilute them down with some water in larger old empty shampoo bottles. Would that be a good idea?...or just keep using them as-is..?

Thanks!!! smile
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2