GO!

EMU OIL FOR COAT????

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Thu Feb 23, '12 7:04pm PST 
has anyone heard of Emu oil for the dogs coat? I saw it on amazon and it got good reviews and I ordered it hoping it will help Mozart's dry coat. this is the info
will this help with his coat? I sure hope so

Emu Oil products help to keep the stratum corneum healthy and pliable, therefore protecting the epidermis and dermis. Most important it keeps the hair follicle healthy, while preserving the natural moisture of the dermis and epidermis. This is an aqueous based, ready to use spray, a daily grooming aid, to be used after and between baths.

http://www.amazon.com/Kalaya-Emu-Oil-Moisturizing-Spray/dp /B0002YFQQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330052350&sr=8-1
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '12 11:22am PST 
My experience of it was it was expensive for no reasonable advantage.

Honestly....a very hyped product I found it to be.

My Boys have cod liver oil caps daily... I have only ever bathed them once ever... and no they dont smell.. and their coats shine and are clean and they are healthy.

I brush then out daily.. and wipe them down with a damp towel if needed.

Edited by author Fri Feb 24, '12 11:25am PST

[notify]
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '12 2:38pm PST 
oh man I hope I did not waste my money, maybe it will work better for Mozart since every dog is different I sure hope so. I give Mozart Salmon oil every single night on his food and have been for about 2 months but I have not seen a difference in his coat. I think maybe because he is a puppy his coat is just changing losing his puppy coat and getting in his adult coat I hope the emu oil will work along with changing his food to Orijen 6 fish.
[notify]

Mr George- Squigglemire

I wonder where- that trail goes- ...

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 8:30am PST 
Emu Oil is great for a dog's coat. But best if taken internally as a dietary supplement. When I (Dee Dee Mares) adopted Mr George Squigglemire, then known as Squiggy, he was suffering tremendously with dry, itchy, broken skin. He scratched so much I was sure he had a flee infestation. The vet assured me it wasn't so and tried to sell me Fish Oil Gel caps showing me how easy it was to "stuff them down his throat". Being an Emu Farmer and knowing that Emu Oil is comprised of Omega 3, 6, 9 and 22 other fatty acids, and that my cat loved the taste so much she licked it off my legs, I thought - why not try a little in his food each day. Within 3 days he had stopped itching completely.

That was the genesis of Mr Squigglemires Emu Oil for Pets. If you'd like more info you can visit my site at

http://www.allaboutemu.com/healthy-pets/item/11-pure-emu-oil-for -pets-from-mr-squigglemire

I offer a 60 day money back guarantee if it doesn't work for your dog. Not all dogs are the same and not all skin issues are the same. I looked over the product you bought and it only contains 1% Emu Oil. If I were you I would return it - if you can't, as long as the other ingredients are ok for sensitive skin (I couldn't seem to get to an ingredient list)it will probably help.

Also - as George got older he started to have additional issues with his skin which lead us to a grain free diet and at one time an intestinal yeast killing herbal program that I got from the Greatdanelady.com - just something to keep in the back of your mind.

Dee Dee Mares
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 10:48am PST 
I use emu oil in my Dog Grooming salon everyday. I mix a few drops of pure emu oil into my conditioner when I bathe dogs. I even sometimes put a drop or two into the shampoo if I am using pre-mixed bottles.

I do use a bathing system in salon but on those dogs that have dry or scaley skin I use emu oil. It's great topically on burns, dry and bald patches.

I also use my own paw pad creme-PAW Su-Creme. I formulated it for my client's dogs pads based on EMU oil here on Vancouver Island.

Edited by moderator Tue Feb 4, '14 1:33pm PST

Edited by forums moderator