GO!

How often can I bathe my dog?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Augustus- Gloop

Cheese, Glorious- Cheese...

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 4:54pm PST 
I too like the espree hypo shampoo and remo. Best Shot, is another good line. Order from a grooming supply website for better deals. Kings whole sale, and Midwest Grooming are 2 of my favorites. Most of these shampoo's have to be diluted, so I would also order a mixing bottle. Good Luck smile
[notify]
Sara

Live life to the- fullest

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 9:42pm PST 
Since Sara and I became very active because I let her get too heavy (part of her weightloss routine) she can get really dirty running in fields and out in the wet (walks rain or shine) I've had to bathe her more often (sometimes once a week, a couple of times twice in a week). I use a hypoallergenic shampoo, make sure she's thoroughly rinsed, and dried. I try to brush her out daily to cut down on some of the baths, but some "happy dog days" she's dirt up to her chest. The hypoallergenic shampoo does seem to help. I also try to use wipes when possible and have also taught her to let me rinse her feet and legs in a tub of warm water.
[notify]
Sara

Live life to the- fullest

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 9:48pm PST 
An addon. Talk to a good pet grooming salon. They always get dogs with all kinds of skins and problems. They'll recommend a good shampoo and conditioner. The one I use will actually order the shampoo they use for frequent grooming for you. It's more expensive than pet stores, but goes a lot farther. If you bathe at home, you might take your dog in once and discuss your dog's hair and skin with them to help get the right shampoo.
[notify]

Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Tue Jan 31, '12 7:06pm PST 
I bath mine every two weeks. It keeps the shedding down and they don't smell bad.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Feb 1, '12 2:42am PST 
Hello,
As my point of views you have to bath your dog at list twice a week with a special conditioner and dog shampoo whi9ch are available easily in the market. so that your pet don't have any smell...

Edited by moderator Wed Feb 1, '12 10:17am PST

Edited by forums moderator
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2