GO!

What is the name of those ties for grooming and can someone give me a good source..?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 4:27pm PST 
I do not know what they are called...
Those things that look like leashes that seem to be tied to the ceiling at a lot of groomers...? (I am sorry I do not know what they are called..?)

Frankie is good for the most part, but I think this would benefit us...

What is the name of those things, and can someone let me know a good/cheap source...?

Thanks!! smile
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 6:14pm PST 
A grooming noose, I think? I just tie a short slip leash to the saftey rail of my bath tub for bath time.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 6:17pm PST 
*noms double post*

Edited by author Wed Jan 18, '12 6:19pm PST

[notify]

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Thu Jan 19, '12 6:47am PST 
LOL @ Scruffy...was the double post tasty..? laugh out loud wink smile

That is an excellent idea..
I have a slip leash that I got when the pup was wee little that I am not impressed with for walks, etc..so that is an excellent idea!!
TY!!
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Jan 19, '12 8:08am PST 
Quite tasty in fact! laugh out loudlaugh out loud

You're welcome!
Slip leashes came in real handy for bath time.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Jan 20, '12 4:42am PST 
It is worth bearing in mind that "real" grooming nooses have a slip clasp that prevents the noose from becoming tighter on its own. A regular slip lead acts like a choke collar and, if the dog jumps off the table or twists around too much, it tightens enough to choke them before you can get it loose enough to get it off.
Be careful if you use one of those. I'm not sure how to properly describe it, but a grooming noose has a plastic piece that slides up to tighten it and it therefore cannot get any tighter without you actually sliding the piece.
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Fri Jan 20, '12 4:52am PST 
Normally just referred to as grooming loops.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Jan 20, '12 9:27am PST 
Good point Toto! They do sell slip leashes at Walmart that have the plastic adjuster piece. So not all slip leashes are equal. I don't have one with the adjuster piece so I am extra careful. I tie it so it's too short for my dogs to jump out of the bath tub. I undo the leash if I am in the same room but not right at the tub. I always keep loop way too loose on my dog's neck, and I hold the loop to keep it from tightening up. If I need both hands I take the loop off of him.

Toto brings up another great point, I would never ever use a slip leash on a grooming table or other elevated surface. I trim up Lily while sitting on the floor with her. Safety first! way to go

Edited by author Fri Jan 20, '12 9:43am PST

[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Jan 20, '12 6:52pm PST 
Excellent point Toto...

I do groom the dog on the washing machine for now, and he stays fairly placid (he likes being groomed, for the most part!!), and I've been doing it w/o any restraints, and he is pretty good..I keep all the supplies close that I do not have to leave the grooming 'area' and have him jump or fall...he does tend to want to sit down a lot while being groomed, so I am looking at those no-sit grooming harnesses/restraints and grooming tables on amazon....way to go
[notify]