GO!

Jewel's Winter Look

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Sep 15, '11 10:29am PST 
So I'm having a hard time deciding what to do for Jewel's winter look this year. I will not repeat what I did last year because that was insane to just let it all grow out, she was so hot when she was trying to play.

I guess my choices are to leave her with the ankle pouffs and grow out her body a bit longer. The ankle hair wouldn't be as noticeable but would then be ready spring came. I don't know how well her boots will fit thought.

The other idea is to shave off the ankles and grow her all out to a medium lenght with short feet so her boots will fit. This would be easier to keep clean when the snow melts and we go through a month of mud.

Any other ideas?
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Sep 15, '11 1:32pm PST 
I keep the bracelets until around March, then, OFF WITH THEM until mud is gone. I also cut the neck shorter for a bit more definition.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '11 7:30am PST 
Do you grow out the body? How cold does it get where you are Toto? Last winter we had 2-3 weeks of weather in the -40c.
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '11 8:34am PST 
We don't go much below -20f, but, remember, they are not normally outside for very long, either.
But, yes, I do grow them out usually to a 4F length, at which point the bracelets are gone. I do still shave faces and feet, though.
[notify]
Cookie Pela

Leaping Is My- Specialty!

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '11 8:41am PST 
no advice. saw the thread name and ran over to see Jewel's New Look.

I thought it was a fashion posting!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '11 9:06am PST 
Toto- thanks, I like that idea. I want to keep her ankles for as long as I can for two reasons; 1. everyone LOVES this look on her and 2. it makes my groomer batty that everyone loves this look so much. laugh out loud

Cookie - Sorry, it's just a fashion discussion about Jewel! cloud 9 These are the minds that plan the future looks of Jewel. laugh out loud

Actually Jewel's current look came from Toto too. thinking
[notify]
Cookie Pela

Leaping Is My- Specialty!

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '11 9:12am PST 
I want to have Jewel's style sense. I have to go to the groomer's soon and need some beauty tips.

(Actually I have some great pics for her new look and I found them here! But can't help being a Jewel fan!)
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '11 11:09am PST 
I'm sure there are tons of things you can do with a cocker! way to go
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '11 2:00pm PST 
If it was me, I would grow out the "body" fur somewhat and shave the feet and ankles to keep them clean and prevent snow buildup (plus for the boots reason you mentioned.) I guess it depends on how snowy/slushy it gets in the winter where you live though.
I know a lot of groomers hate this term but maybe a modified "puppy cut" or something like a lamb clip but a little longer?
[notify]
Devon

Sweet boy

Barked: Sat Sep 17, '11 5:08am PST 
Jewel what about a lamb clip
with longer legs and a shorter body?
That would look nice and let you get your boots on!thinking:
unless cause of the braclets you dont have alot of leg fur?

Tell me if you think this is crazy but mom wants to give me a New yorker clip for the holidays?

that would then get clipped short with braclets for the spring.

But back to you Jewel
You will be a beauty in any fur clip!

flowers
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2