GO!

Wheaton or Schnauzer-That is the question.

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Bailey

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 4:57pm PST 
Hi, I have a Schwheaten and I had to shave him down because he was a rescue and when we got him he was matted with everything under the sun including wood shavings that by the time I was done combing and cutting there was no choice he looked like he got a from my 5 yr old who thinks she's a baber(Ican show pics, but the mom's out there know what I'm talking about..lol) Anyway, now that Bailey's coat is growing in I was wondering if you groomers out there could tell me should I go Wheaton or Schnauzer. He has the wooly coat of the Wheaton but he also has stray red wire hairs throughout. He's about 35 lbs which I am told is a Wheaton size and he body and colour kinda match. Any suggestions? thanks Bailey's Mom
[notify]
Miss Lola- Luftnagle

Solid Gold- Dancer

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 6:48pm PST 
Go with the SCWThamster dance
[notify]
Boston

King of- everything

Barked: Tue Nov 18, '08 7:50pm PST 
I think you would look good either way. I say wheaton just because they are rare around here lol. But its really up to you. Whichever cut appeals to you most I say because I think your pooch could pull both off.
[notify]

Bailey

Barked: Wed Nov 19, '08 10:10am PST 
Yeah I was thinking Wheaton too. Tried kinda a mini Schnauzer cut and it just didn't look right. And I saw a video of the Wheaton section of a British Dog Show and when it comes to Size, Stance, Weight and Shape he is pure Wheaton. I don't know is that possible in a mixed breed?
[notify]
Jade- Alexandria

Dont mess with- me, I'm- chihuahua!

Barked: Wed Nov 19, '08 6:26pm PST 
He looks mostly Wheaton and the body style is similar as a schnauzer as far as the cut goes. Its the head that makes the real differance. A lot of Wheaton owners around my area keep it in a Teddy Bear head instead of the Wheaton Head. Its all up to you at that point. Good luck! He's a cute dog!

P.S. I have to wonder why I tend to come across ALOT of Wheatons that are named Bailey?
[notify]
Gretta

Where's my- Tiara?

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '08 7:35pm PST 
LOL Jade! I did too, but I obsessively ask owners about their dogs' names (because I'm an insatiably curious person!).

Most people who had Wheatons (that came to me for grooming) named Bailey did so because their dog was the color of Bailey's Irish Cream.

To the OP: I would totally go for a wheaton 'do!!
Mandy Plata

Build-A-Muppet

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '08 9:33pm PST 
We have a mini schnauzer and mandy is a wheaten. I would say Baily looks more wheaten for sure. We keep mandy with somewhat of a puppy cut on the body...perhaps a bit longer with a teddy bear face. Either way he will look super duper adorable.

good luckblue dog
[notify]