GO!

Shih Tzu Beard Trim

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Bingley

Cookie Monster

Barked: Tue Oct 21, '08 3:46pm PST 
I'm taking Bingley to a new groomer Saturday. I normally just get a sanitary trim, his feet and around his eyes.

This time I want to get his beard done, too, because it's getting long and making him look like an old man puppy, and I want him to look his age again.

Will the groomer know what I'm talking about? Will he look weird getting his beard trimmed and not his body? (I don't want his body trimmed because of winter coming, and his colors look so pretty, and his fur just isn't long enough to warrent a trim on the body)
[notify]
Jade- Alexandria

Dont mess with- me, I'm- chihuahua!

Barked: Tue Oct 21, '08 7:44pm PST 
If they do it right, it shouldn't look too bad. But you have to remember, the beard blends into the neck which i nturn blends into the body. In some dogs a short face with a longer body will look odd. Regardless of the outcome, it'll grow back.
[notify]
Paris-- CGC &- Therapy Dog

Missy Wiggle- Butt

Barked: Thu Oct 23, '08 12:46pm PST 
I would just ask them to trim his beard up a little so he has a round face. I don't like "old man" beards on dogs I groom and always do a cute round face unless requested by the owner.
[notify]

Bingley

Cookie Monster

Barked: Fri Oct 24, '08 9:23am PST 
Thanks! That helps a lot! All this grooming stuff is new to me, so I'm never sure how to describe anything.
[notify]