GO!

Reasonable price to groom a shih tzu mix?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Dante

Look at ME!

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '07 3:27pm PST 
Hello,
I was just wondering what a reasonable price would be to groom a 10 lb shih tzu mix. I haven't had him groomed professionally in a few months and I don't remember how much I paid.

Thanks.smile
[notify]
Daisy

Mommy's little- princess

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '07 8:35am PST 
We charge 35 bucks for a small dog like your shih tzu.
[notify]
Rally Pood

Hand over the- treats'n nobody- gets hurt!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '07 10:50am PST 
My 2008 charge is between $30-32 for many small dogs (just raised from $28-30 in 2007). I suggest you call around in your town to see what's reasonable there, as prices across the country vary wildly.
[notify]

Bodha Lei- (Rainbow- Bridge)

i blame the- cat...

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '07 11:20am PST 
Depends on what area you live in, we charge a base price of $45 on shih tsu type dogs.
[notify]
Nefertiti

Queen of the- Squeakies!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '07 9:19pm PST 
our base price is about $38, and it goes up if the dog is matted.
[notify]
Bluebell &- Azra

Who's calling me- a Poodle?

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '07 9:40pm PST 
It will definitely vary by region (even by salon), as we charge a minimum $70 for small breed all over trims. Your best bet is to call around to find the salon that has a caring, professional staff that has a price reasonable to you.
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '07 3:35am PST 
the place i used to take Allee before i started doing her hair myself charged me 25.oo and i took her to a place once that was 30.00
This included nails clipped, bathed and haircut and anal glands released.
Last year for xmas someone got me some Wahl Clippers and i have cut her hair at least 13 times since and my mom's scottie 2 times with them....it has saved us a ton of money
[notify]
Cody

BORN TO BARK iN- THE GLAMOUROUS- USA

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '07 12:58pm PST 
I am a maltese-poodle who is 12 lbs. and mommy pays $$40 for my grooming.
[notify]
Bullet- R.I.P.

foster- failure... mom- caved

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '07 4:16pm PST 
It also depends on what you are getting done. If you are not being shaved off but combed out and you are matted, it will be more money. Even if you are being shaved off, if there are mats close to the skin ,you will have to be combed out enough to get the proper blade through without cutting you or have you look like you had surgery. The groomer can give you an average price but until they see what has to be done that can't give you a direct quote.
[notify]
Dallas

Did some one say- COOKIE?

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '07 7:00pm PST 
were i work we charge $45 if the puppy is not matted. hope that helps...
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2