GO!

Great smelling long lasting shampoo for dogs?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bambino

Let me IN!

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '07 6:04pm PST 
I need to find a good shampoo for my pup. know matter what i use on his hair he still smells i want to find something that will hopefully change that. Anyone have any suggestions?
[notify]
Bella

* Looks Can Be- Deceiving *

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '07 7:14pm PST 
i use johnson's & johnson's baby shampoo for my dog! laugh out loud i think it smells great and it is very gentle for the skin. if you can't find a great working dog shampoo maybe buy one of those grooming spritzers to spray on after the bath smile good luck!
[notify]
Bleys

Did someone say- dinner?

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '07 7:59pm PST 
I use the Veterinary Formula shampoo (we use the snow white version). It smells nice to me (I hate the smell of the shampoo my vet uses), and lasts at least 2 weeks. I have to express Bleys' anal glands every 2 weeks so that's how often he gets a bath. So I'm not sure how much longer than that it continues to smell nice. Bleys' also has quite a few allergies and whatnot, and this shampoo seems to keep the contact allergies under control.

edit - oops, the Veterinary Formula shampoo is available at Petco.

Edited by author Thu Aug 23, '07 8:00pm PST

[notify]

Fling,- NPC♥

Ollie's gal- b&w's rock!

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '07 9:28pm PST 
Mink Sheen pet shampoo- mama's clients always comment on how long the great smell lasts...
you can get it at www.touchofmink.com
[notify]
Bluebell &- Azra

Who's calling me- a Poodle?

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '07 2:25pm PST 
I use Les Poochs products on my clients. They LOVE the male shampoo (Le Pooch). It is very fragrant and everybody raves about it. We tried another shampoo for a short while and we got so many complaints...back to Les Poochs!
[notify]
Lucy Lu

I love life!! - So should you!!

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '07 7:35am PST 
Fresh and Clean shampoo lasts for 2 weeks. I love it. I can smell Lucy coming from a foot away. And you can get it at Petco and some Petsmarts. I work for a vet so at work I use DVM shampoos mostly on my clients.
[notify]
♥- Smokey- ♥

I Want A Butt- Rub!

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '07 8:27am PST 
I personally want to smell like a dog ... not a flower BOL. Momy says I am not a stinky dog though
[notify]
Cash

I sniff for a- living!

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '07 1:25pm PST 
Bio-Groom has some great smelling shampoo. They have one that smells like berries... that's mommies favorite.
[notify]
Gretta

Where's my- Tiara?

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '07 1:55pm PST 
Hmm...have you considered that it may not be a shampoo issue at all? I've had clients (as well as my own Gretta) who have had yeast infections that cause them to still smell after bathing. Also, depending on what you're feeding your little cutie, that could be causing an issue. I've seen several pups on this site who complain about a funny smell when they're on a food with fish and the main protein, especially the wellness fish variety.

Depending on the type of smell, you may want to ask your vet and see what he/she has to say.

Also, have you considered using a doggie cologne? I follow up most of my groomees with a spritz of Fresh-n-Clean. I prefer the Floral, but there is a tropical fruit scent, as well as a baby powder. Honeysuckle Hound is another nice-smelling, long-lasting cologne. I also use this on my pups between baths, especially if we're going out.

Oh, and in my experience I've also found that following up with a good remoisturizer really helps the good smell stick around longer. Tropiclean is a brand I really like, and I use Chris Christenson with my dogs (I love the way the afterbath smells). A lot of people really love the Eqyys brand as well, I've used it in the past with great success. You can find Tropiclean at PetCo, I've seen Eqyys at a couple of farm supply stores, and the Christenson is available online.

Good luck!
Hope

Geaux LSU!!

Barked: Sat Aug 25, '07 4:34pm PST 
I like to use fresh and clean from petsmart.with oatmeal and baking soda in it...I can bath the dogs and there good for 2 weeks after they go swimming..........dogdog
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2