GO!

How long after Rabies shot do I have to wait to get groomed?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Abbie

I needed you as- much as you- needed me

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '07 6:32pm PST 
I just had my rabies shot today but I need a grooming bad, my mommy is just getting me a puppy cut until my coat grows in more and I am alittle older. She is confused on how long after my Rabies shot do I have to (or should) wait until I get groomed at a salon?.
She is going to call the salon Monday but was just wondering what you all think until then .
Thank you , Love Abbie
[notify]
Bluebell &- Azra

Who's calling me- a Poodle?

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '07 7:29pm PST 
My vet has always recommended waiting 48 hours after vaccinations before going to a doggie daycare/grooming/boarding facility etc. That is also the time frame I recommend to my clients, especially for puppies (if a dog has been getting regular vacs for years then the immunity is there, but for puppies I feel it's better to wait).
[notify]
Honey

Sleep on the- floor - yeah right!!

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 11:18am PST 
I would wait at least 48 hours after any injection - it will give the dog time to show any signs of any reaction.
[notify]

Barked: Tue May 13, '14 8:54am PST 
JUST FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT SURE,HOW LONG TO WAIT AFTER HIS SHOTS,THE VET TOLD ME IT HAS TO BE 48 HOURS,TO ANYONE THAT DOESNT KNOW,K. JUST WANT TO HELP,GOODLUCK,U NEED A RECENT RABIS SHOT IN ORDER TO GET GROOMED AT ALL,GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.
[notify]