GO!

Do you tip your groomer?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Sisqo

It's all about- me!

Barked: Fri Sep 29, '06 11:04am PST 
Hi, my mom had me groomed for the first time today. (I look very handsome!) Should she have tipped my groomer. She did a great job and was kind and gentle.
[notify]
Edgar

I need to give- you more- kisses!!

Barked: Fri Sep 29, '06 12:03pm PST 
Good question .... I'd like to know that too. So far I've groomed all of my dogs (both mini-schnauzer) so I've never had to. Although I tip when I get my hair cut so .... maybe yes?
[notify]
Pebbles (our- sweet angel)

lovely angel- sister dropping- love to all

Barked: Fri Sep 29, '06 12:29pm PST 
Mommy gets me and both of my sisters groomed. Morgan and Sadie just get a bath and brush but I need to get clipped and feathered so mommy and daddy tip for the extra work. I'm usually there atleast 2 hours longer so I guess they think all of that extra work is worth it!!
[notify]

Diesel

if i want it,- it's mine

Barked: Fri Sep 29, '06 1:05pm PST 
as a groomer i would say yes tipping is nice, especially with larger, hairier, or more difficult dogs. it shows you appreiciate our work and skills. most people don't realizr that groomers do more work than the average hairdresser for a human hair cut, because if you think about it a simple bath and hair cut for a dog also includes nail, ears and a good brushing so it would be the equivalent to a human fully body spa treatment. that's also something to keep in mind when you hear the price for the groom! big grin
[notify]
Gloryficous

No- sleeping...only- playing!

Barked: Fri Sep 29, '06 9:11pm PST 
I'm a groomer also, and as Deisel said, it is appropriate to tip a groomer, just as you tip the person that cuts your hair. To me, I think its a sign of appreciation, not just for a good haircut, but for the owner's trust that I take good care of their pet.

BTW, love your hat, Deisel...BOL!
[notify]
Sofia

Soafie Loafie

Barked: Sat Sep 30, '06 10:12am PST 
Our dogs cost $45 for grooming. We give $10 per dog because of the great job she does. She is also super nice! And, I feel comfortable leaving the dogs with her, so to me the $20 tip is well worth is!

Use the 15-20% tip as a guideline, depending on how good the service was.
[notify]
Harlee

LETS GO FOR A- RIDE

Barked: Sat Sep 30, '06 11:14am PST 
Yes, I think you should tip the groomers. Mom does we spend 40 on a trim and a bath so she tips 10 and I can get very hard to groom so mom saids its hard so she thinks the lady deserves a better tip for being so patience
[notify]
~*~ADOPTED~*~ Tinkerbell

AKA Pugzilla- Princess!

Barked: Mon Oct 2, '06 7:34pm PST 
I am also a Groomer. I am surprised that most people do not tip. I sure appreciate it when I get a tip from my customers. I think most of the non tippers actually do not know they are supposed to tip. I finally made up a little sign that says that they can tip the groomer and that tips are appreciated for great service. My Best Friend made me a tip jar, it say's on the front, "Tipping is not a city in China." LOL.....thought that was a little too much! So the sign seems to not put pressure on customers to tip, but lets them know they can!
[notify]
Louie

me too! MMMEEEE- TTTOOOOO!!!

Barked: Tue Oct 3, '06 10:54am PST 
I never knew one was supposed to tip for a dog cut! I feel kind of embarrassed now frown oh well I guess I will know next time
[notify]
Scout (I'm a- girl)

Thank You :)

Barked: Thu Oct 5, '06 2:23pm PST 
I always, always, always tip my groomer.

When in doubt, you can always ask.

Petsmart and Petco groomers here are paid through the regular cashier, and there is no place for a tip on the receipt, so if you pay with a credit card, remember to bring a little cash with you. I usually give $10 per cut
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4