GO!

Torn Ligament (CCL) in Giant Breeds

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Feb 23, '10 11:48am PST 
Our just-turned-six-year-old female Pyr has a torn ligament in her rear knee. Has anyone had a similar injury with their dog? What was your experience?

I want to hear from people before we decide what route to take.

Thanks!!!
[notify]
Junior

Barked: Tue Mar 2, '10 6:24am PST 
my neighbor's dog (lab) has a tornleg ligament and he had to have a $1500.00 surgery to repair the damage. Our Aussie, who is no longer with uscry, had torn ligaments on the side of her leg (she was running so fast, could not stop in time and ran into a trailer) her injuries turned into severe arthritis, joint inflammation/pain in the end. My moms dog (rott) broke his leg and paw then a few years later that turned into torn leg ligaments-he still limps.
[notify]
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Tue Mar 2, '10 6:21pm PST 
Surgery will be needed.
Isn't the dog in your profile picture the picture from the front of the book "The New & Complete Great Pyrenees"???
eta: Sure is...That is against Dogster rules.
http://www.amazon.com/New-Complete-Great-Pyrenees/dp/0876051 883

Edited by author Tue Mar 2, '10 6:31pm PST

[notify]