GO!

Potty training!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 10:20pm PST 
I have an 8 week old female great dane (Delilah)and I have had her for a week now and potty training has been horrible. She is not getting it at all and I would love some tips on potty training my dane!
[notify]
Suka

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 6:16pm PST 
When I first got Suka, I had the same problem. But eventually she will get it. I took Suka out every half hour to an hour on a leash and if she went potty outside, she got a treat. If she is going in the house, try hanging a bell by the door that she hits if she has to go out to go potty. I taught Suka that and now she tells me when she has to go out by just hitting the bell. After she eats or drinks, take her outside. And at night, limit her water intake so she doesnt have to go in the middle of the night.

Have you tried crate training?
[notify]