GO!

Having trouble getting Bruno to stay out of kitchen while cooking.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

bruno

Every Day Should- be a Lazy Day

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '12 10:33pm PST 
My first post. Hello all and thank you in advance for any advice. Bruno is very loving and for most of the time he listens (well more to my husband than to me)
he is 1 and 1/2 years old. I am having a real hard time keeping him away from stove while cooking or away from counter while preparing food. I have tried removing him from kitchen and telling him to stay and when he does I reward him outside kitchen with treat but he only stays there for few mins. and then comes right back up being nosy. This really would not be a problem if he was not the size of a miniature pony! also the fact that we have a gas stove and I am afraid he will get burnt. I have tried giving him a bone to chew on to maybe distract him, that does not work either. If any one has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
[notify]