GO!

How much does your Dane eat? How much does it cost to feed? Just curious!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Kaya- 1996-2011

Too cute for my- own good!

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '08 4:18pm PST 
I love the breed and plan on getting one in the future! I was just wondering about how much it costs you to feed your dog and how much they eat.
I have done tons of "research", to the point of near-obsession. laugh out loud It's not really research though because I love it! Great Danes are awesome!

P.S. Please include what they eat so I can understand the costs/amounts better (raw, brand of kibble, home cooked etc)
Thanks!
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 3:18pm PST 
My two danes eat Royal Canine, 6 cups a day each, 35 lb bag is about $45.00 and they consume at least two bags a month or a bit over two bags... Good luck!
[notify]
Sampson Duke

Aw- the couch...- Like sleeping on- clouds

Barked: Tue Nov 25, '08 3:54pm PST 
Sampson eats eagle pack (I think thats the name.) I spend about $80.00 per month on food. He eats 4.5 cups 2 times a day. The vet says he has a high matabolis and burns it off quickly.
[notify]

wrigley

I love- everything that- is about me

Barked: Sun Dec 14, '08 6:11pm PST 
My daughter has a new GD pup. She is 5 1/2 mo. She eats Purina One large breed. She eats about 6 cups in the morning and 6 cups in the evening. But she has started to get up in the middle of the night just to eat. blue dogblue dog
[notify]
Diesel

My head- rattles...

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '09 3:18pm PST 
We have three kids, two are danes that weigh between 165 and 175lbs and a 65lb Aussie mix. We feed Canidae ALS and go through about 35lbs a week. We had my parents over this weekend and they saw our dog food stash (about 3 bags) and asked if we found a sale on the stuff...lol, I just don't like going to the pet store once a week.
[notify]
Stick

Barked: Wed Mar 11, '09 12:49pm PST 
I feed my 2 Danes about 1.5-2 bags a month. I currently feed them Iams Large breed. which is about $40 for a 40 lbs bag. I would say about $35 per dog per month average. not bad!
[notify]
Kane

Barked: Wed Mar 11, '09 4:31pm PST 
I feed Eagle Pack Holisitic Select Lamb and Rice it is about $80.00 and I fed 4.5 cups a day to my old girl it lasted about one month. I also feed Wellness Core Fish to my 20 month. He eats about 8 cups a day, they both got supplemental raw food ( steak,venison, bear etc) they loved it and a greta source of natural digestive enzymes that they need and do not produce! Just remember never to feed anything with corn in it as it can raise the risks of bloat and well corn is just sugar and they do not need that!
[notify]
Lucy

Born to Lounge

Barked: Thu Mar 12, '09 7:48am PST 
Lucy like to eat Innova EVO. We go through about one bag a month and it is around 50 dollars a bag in most places. It is a high protein food so it is not the right food for really young dogs, especially danes that are growing.
[notify]
Kacie

Kacie - Is it nap time- yet?

Barked: Mon Apr 27, '09 9:24am PST 
My 4 month old GD is on the raw diet - she eats roughly 3 chicken backs per day/40 lbs every two weeks. We spend about 44 dollars a month on food for her.
[notify]
Duke

Marmaduke

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 2:49pm PST 
Our dane normally will eat about 3-4 times a day and have around 2-3 cups per serving. He eats regular dry dog food (pedigree) along with our other two. We will normally go through a 55lb bag each month or a little sooner.
[notify]