GO!

Golden Retriever showing Aggression towards us

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sun Feb 23, '14 7:25am PST 
Hello, I'm so glad I found this forum. My husband and I bought an adorable golden retriever about 7 months ago. He is now about 9 months old. This is the first golden retriever we have owned. He has been fun but challenging from the beginning which is to be expected because he's a puppy. The biggest concern we have is he's been showing some aggression towards us recently. It's been going on for a few weeks. If we try to get him to do something he doesnt want to do such as getting off the couch, dropping something he shouldn't have, going in his crate he will growl, show his teeth, bark, and try to bite us. It's definitely not a play bite either. This is a HUGE concern because we have a baby on the way. We need to figure out what's going on quick. I was wondering if anyone on here as dealt with this kind of thing with their golden retriever. He has no history of abuse at all. We got him from an established breeder and have taken good care of him. This is all so confusing to us. Please help!
[notify]