GO!

FURminator, is it good for Golden Coats?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Menzie

Menzie Menz

Barked: Sun Jul 29, '07 1:47pm PST 
I have heard about the "FURminator" brush for dogs fur. And I was wondering if anyone has heard any bad things that it does to the fur.dog
[notify]
Lady

Barked: Sun Aug 5, '07 11:18am PST 
I've seen an ad for the FURminator with a Golden in it, so I'm sure it's fine. If you go to www.furminator.com they show several different breeds they used it on, and a Golden Retreiver is the first one!

(Did you ever notice how often Goldens are used for advertisements? laugh out loud)

I don't really want a FURminator, because I don't want to remove the undercoat unnaturally. I know a lot of people love them, and I'm sure they are useful.

I use a undercoat rake, and it works wonderfully! Big clumps of loose hair come out when I brush.

Edited by author Sun Aug 5, '07 11:28am PST

[notify]
Menzie

Menzie Menz

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '07 11:11pm PST 
Thanks for your response! I have since bought the brush and it rocks, alot of my friends have bought it also and they love it as well. Take care
[notify]

Rudy

Rudy sin- barreras

Barked: Sun Aug 12, '07 2:25pm PST 
I am thinking of getting one and was searching through threads on here about it. Did you notice that if you brushed one spot for too long that it starting taking off the top coat? A few people mentioned that and although I'm careful, I'm scared of screwing up!

I did enter the Dogster contest to win a free one but I suppose I'll cave and buy one in a month or two.
[notify]
Tedibear- Our Girl- Forever

Miss Bear

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '07 11:53am PST 
It is really hard to screw up. My mom just bought one and it is amazing. Read the instructions. I love it.

dogdog
[notify]
Menzie

Menzie Menz

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '07 3:14pm PST 
Ya its great, I have brought it to all of my friends houses and have brushed all of their dogs and everyone couldn't believe it. I felt like a sales person selling the brushes but alot of friends have called to say thankyou for telling them. They are very expensive but if your dog sheds alot then its worth it. They love being brushed with it also. I just brushed my brothers dog last night and he hates being brushed and let just say i had to wake him up to roll him over ha ha..well good luck with the brush! I love it =)
[notify]
Howie

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '08 8:45am PST 
We use the furminator once a week or so, and it works like a charm! We have yet to over-use it, I wouldn't worry about that at all. The amount of fur that comes off is simply amazing!
[notify]
Logan

I like new pals!

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 12:12am PST 
We have the Furminator. It works just fine. I asked my groomer about it after the fact and she said it's probably not good on their coats. It could split their ends or something. I'm thinking it works so well, Logan would have to go to the groomer as often. wink
[notify]
Jackson RA

If it's not- movin's, I'm not- chasin' it.

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 8:44am PST 
The Furminator is just fine for Goldens. I use it for both of my Goldens.
[notify]
Jake

Who said I can't- be a lap dog?

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '08 1:23pm PST 
I was furminated yesterday and still look as beautiful as ever...even a little slimmer now! puppy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2