GO!

Short-haired Golden Retriever

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Muri

Best Friend- Forever

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 8:30am PST 
They do exist, my dog is a short-haired golden retriever. My mom asked the vet if it was possible that he was a mix, but the vet said he's a purebred golden retriever and that sometimes a genetic mutation causes them to have short hair. smile
[notify]
Bentley

Barked: Mon Apr 26, '10 9:34am PST 
Yes, yes, yes. Although they are rare, there are short-hair Goldens. There is only one active kennel in the US that I am aware of and it is in Oklahoma. The blood-line is top-drawer. I have one of the pups and he is the sweetest pup ever!
[notify]
Muri

Best Friend- Forever

Barked: Mon Jul 25, '11 11:55am PST 
my dog is a purebred shorthaired golden retriever (confirmed by his vet)...they do exist. (he's also a vegetarian..hahah)
[notify]

Muri

Best Friend- Forever

Barked: Mon Jul 25, '11 11:55am PST 
my dog is a purebred shorthaired golden retriever (confirmed by his vet)...they do exist. (he's also a vegetarian..hahah)
[notify]

Barked: Sun Oct 16, '11 4:58am PST 
my family adopted a adolesence golden retriever. The hair is short, with slight plumes on the tail. I was hoping he will develop big wavy soft plumes all over. Looks like he won't if he is the short haired type. sigh...
[notify]
Dazzle

Grouchy Grumpy- Biter

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 7:09am PST 
There is such a thing a SHGR! I adopted one. The shape is like a golden retriver but the fur is not as shaggy as a 'normal' golden retriever, I resd somewhere SHGRs are normally breed as a 'working' dog. 'Working' or not, my SHGR is such a sweetheart. He is so friendly and loving.
[notify]
Dazzle

Grouchy Grumpy- Biter

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 7:09am PST 
There is such a thing a SHGR! I adopted one. The shape is like a golden retriver but the fur is not as shaggy as a 'normal' golden retriever, I resd somewhere SHGRs are normally breed as a 'working' dog. 'Working' or not, my SHGR is such a sweetheart. He is so friendly and loving.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2