GO!

Not Much Longer Left

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
In Memory of- Jenna

Got that old dog- swag

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 6:18pm PST 
So we took Jenna in yesterday for an ear infection, a hard lump I found in her armpit that wasn't like the fatty ones she has, and then an occasional cough she had developed over the last couple weeks. Nobody thought anything was going to happen when my dad and I took her to the vet...we were definitely wrong. The vet had a look at her, felt the lump and then started feeling around and discovered all of Jenna's lymph nodes were really swollen. A while later after tests and chest x-rays we found Jenna had stage 5b lymphoma. The coughing was because of a mass that is slightly pushing up on her esophagus (thank goodness it's only a small one and isn't keeping her from eating or anything)The dog that I have grown up with and thought would live for years to come diagnosed with advanced stage of cancer and figured to only have a couple months to live if not a bit more(let's hope more). We talked about treatment plans and chemotherapy wasn't really an option, it had little chance of doing anything and Jenna would just be miserable through it which nobody wanted so the vet gave us steroids to make what days she has left more comfortable. I'm still trying to process that this is actually happening and it's hard not really knowing how much longer my baby girl has especially when I don't even get to spend the whole time with her because she's with my dad who I only get to visit every other weekend frown

Edited by author Sun Feb 10, '13 6:53pm PST

[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 7:03pm PST 
hughughug I am so sorry you will have to say good bye to your beloved friendhughughug
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 7:14am PST 
hughughughughug so sorry!
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 7:44am PST 
hughughughughughughughug to you. Enjoy the time you have left together as much as you can and make some lasting happy memories to help you through the grief.flowers
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 9:57pm PST 
I think you are still in shock right now. I'm sure the grieving emotions will come with time. I am so sorry your baby is sick. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Pmail me if you need anything Kiddo.

kisses and hugs from Texas
[notify]
In Memory of- Jenna

Got that old dog- swag

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 5:56pm PST 
Thanks you guys
[notify]
In Memory of- Jenna

Got that old dog- swag

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 1:26pm PST 
Apparently everything I typed didn't go through confused so here's the rest of that post or what I can rememberd of it anyways:
I went to my dad's over the weekend and got to see Jenna again and she's still doing well save for losing weight. She got to go out to Petsmart with me and my dad and met some puppies and got petted by lots of people as well as some treats from two nice ladies. After that she got to go on a walk with Kiara and I noticed she squats down to where she's nearly sitting whenever she pees. Besides that and slowing down some/reluctance to go up or down any stairs even outside plus the losing weight she's doing well. She got some nice new treats like a deer antler to chew, or rather suck on in her case.
I do have a question about the losing weight. It's normal for dogs who have cancer to lose weight if I'm not mistaken but would feeding her extra food help at all or would it just be in vain?
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 4:41pm PST 
I'm sorry to hear about your Jenna.

I'm gonna say you could probably feed her more but she will probably loose weight regardless. My grandma's Shiba mix got bone cancer at the age of 9 and lasted quite a bit.

I'm going to say make as many happy memories as you can. I got to see Sunny a few more times before she went away. But the Bridge is a nice place.

Good luck Jake and I will have positive thoughts for you. hug
[notify]
In Memory of- Jenna

Got that old dog- swag

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 5:17pm PST 
Sorry about your Grandma's dog.
I was hoping there was something we could do about the weight :/. I'll definitely be doing lots of things with her that she likes to do like going to stores or on nice quiet walks oh plus giving her lots of bellyrubs which she already gets plenty of c:
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 1:29pm PST 
hughughughug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2