GO!

Scruffy is very sick

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 8 of 11: Viewing entries 71 to 80)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 5:06pm PST 
Hope Scruffy feels better soon. hughug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 11:32am PST 
Poor Scruffy,he has been through so much. We hope he is feeling much better soon.hugwishes
[notify]
Angel Zane

I Miss You- *2005-2013*

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 10:54pm PST 
Scruffy hug hug hug hug
[notify]

Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 2:11pm PST 
This poor dog just cannot catch a break. His reflux has been acting up again so he is back on reflux meds. The reflux meds tend to be hit or miss. Yesterday I noticed his face was red and that he is missing fur around his mouth. His skin is not red today thankfully. Went to the vet and they did a skin scrape and didn't find anything so they are thinking allergies. They think it could be from his plastic slow feed bowl. I had the same suspicion. So now we need to figure out a way to slow down his eating while we switch him back to a stainless steel bowl. We've tried so many things to slow down his eating and nothing really helped except the plastic slow feed bowl. Also, his anal glands were full again. He never used to have anal glands issues. The vet said it was strange because he is on a high fiber food which usually helps with anal gland issues.

Edited by author Thu Jun 6, '13 2:21pm PST

[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 9:43pm PST 
hugbig laughbig laugh and wishes for Scruffy. Hope he is feeling better soon.
[notify]
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 4:14am PST 
hughughughughug I got a large bowl with flat bottom for Koby and I spread the food out over entire bottom of it. It slowed him down a lot. You might try that. Good luck and I hope he feels better soon. hug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Jun 12, '13 9:13pm PST 
Is Scruffy feeling any better? We hope so.hughughugwishes Hoping this time the right emoticons post.
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 5:17am PST 
Hi Mika&Kai,

Yep, the right emoticon posted this time. lol. Scruffy seems to be doing pretty good. His reflux is still acting up every once in a while. The reflux meds don't really seem to do a whole lot for him. I mean he's not vomiting or regurgitating since starting back on them, which is good, but he definitely is still uncomfortable at times. Yesterday he had some redness on his face again so now I'm not sure if plastic was even the cause of the problem to begin with. Guess the only thing to do now is to try ruling out some of his favorite snacks.
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue Jun 25, '13 3:21pm PST 
UPDATE: I'm so confused and angry! I feel like for the last year that we've been jerked around by this holistic vet. At first I loved the holistic vet, then things started unraveling and due to some unprofessional and rude treatment from that vet I left and went back to our old vet. (We decided that we absolutely refuse to see one vet in particular at our old vet's practice now.) The holistic vet said that Scruffy had undersized kidneys and that he definitely had kidney disease. Two vets at the old vet's practice had told me that he does NOT have kidney disease yet but that he does have some elevated kidney levels and slightly diluted urine which shows that he does have undersized kidneys, but at this point in time he does not have kidney disease yet. At one point the holistic vet told me that once she saw his ultrasound that she had given him 6 months before everything went downhill for him and when I told that to our old vet he was really confused by that because he said that nothing in his records from the holistic vet indicated anything like that and that all of his bloodwork from the holistic vet looked good and his most recent bloodwork though our old vet looked good as well. Our old vet also told us that Scruffy does have dilute urine but it's not as bad as the holistic vet was saying because she never went by the first catch of the day, the holistic vet said that it didn't matter if it was the first catch or not when it comes to anything to do with the urine while our old vet said that urine will become more dilute through out the day kidney issues or not. Also, the holistic vet told me that Scruffy's diarrhea and reflux issues were because of kidney disease and said that diarrhea is a rare symptom of kidney disease, and two vets from the old vet have told us that simply was not true and the the diarrhea is a symptom of something else. Also, when I asked the holistic vet if Scruffy's weight loss was because of the RX diet he was on she told me no and blamed Scruffy's weight loss solely on his kidneys while our old vet told us that it's most likely due to the low calorie high fiber RX diet he's on. He's eating Hill's W/D which is also used as a weight loss formula, but the holistic vet told me that he shouldn't be losing weight on it because he was getting enough calories.

About Scruffy's hair loss. After we took away the plastic slow feed bowl he got worse for a few days and was scratching more and lost more fur but I wiped his face with a grooming wipe a couple times a few days ago and the itching seems to have died down. He is still scratching it once in a while but at least he isn't losing anymore fur and it actually looks like in some spots that the fur is starting to come back.

Edited by author Tue Jun 25, '13 3:42pm PST

[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Jun 27, '13 8:58pm PST 
I can understand your being upset and angry.hug Poor Scruffy.big hugbig hugbig hug Hopimg that your vet can get the poor boy back on the right track and feeling well again.hughughughug to you as well. We know you were trying to do all you could to give Scruffy a happy life and the best care possible, it's very sad and frustrating when a vet, your pups other ally in good health lets you down.
Take Care of yourselves and do what works for both of you best.We will keep our paws crossed and keep you in our thoughts.flowers
[notify]
  (Page 8 of 11: Viewing entries 71 to 80)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11