GO!

Scruffy is very sick

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 5 of 11: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 6:40am PST 
Poor Scruffy.hughughughughug There has to be somethin out there,maybe just some extra cuddles.wishes Scruffy we certainly adore you.flowers
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 10:47am PST 
Yeah, hopefully we can find something! Awww, thanks, we adore you too! big hugflowers
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 1:16pm PST 
Scruffy, get better soon! way to go
[notify]

Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 2:01pm PST 
UPDATE: Just got back from the vet with Scruffy. The good news is, his Creatinine is the same and his BUN is normal. Everything else was normal too. He's lost some weight, he went from 49lbs to 47lbs. We're not really concerned, unless he keeps losing weight. The vet said that she is really happy how well he doing, she said that she originally gave him 6 months before he started going down hill!! She said whatever we are doing, it's working. She said he looks so much better and happier. He is still having dilute urine, which is expected. He is still having dehydration issues, but he wasn't too dehydrated, but the vet gave him SubQ fluids, and showed me how to do it. The vet said that because his blood work looked good that we can give fluids twice a week. Since he is still having issues with digestion and food, she said what I was describing sounding like EPI and to try enzymes and very very slowly try adding more food since he is only eating 1 cup of food a day.

happy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dance

Oh, and they found an engorged tick on him and took it off! So annoyed because I checked him and missed that little bugger. Ugh....darn ticks. Ticks are getting really bad here now.

Edited by author Wed Oct 31, '12 2:10pm PST

[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 7:33pm PST 
So glad he's doing great! snoopyhamster dancecheer
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 5:19am PST 
Thanks Kali!! The vet was like, oh my gosh, he's doing so well for a terminally ill dog!

snoopy

Scruffy will be happy to start getting an increase in his food. laugh out loud I really hope this time he can handle it, last time we tried a bit of an increase he got bad tummy aches, but maybe now that everything with him has settled down a bit he can handle it a bit better this time.

Edited by author Thu Nov 1, '12 5:20am PST

[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 7:51am PST 
Glad to hear that Scruffy is doing better.cheerway to gohappy dance Hope things continue to improve and that the increase in food does not cause a setback.hugwishes
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 7:29pm PST 
Thanks Mika & Kai!!
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 10:02am PST 
Just remembered, the vet said it would be really unlikely and weird for him to have EPI and kidney issues at he same time, but given his family history he just might and if he is still having food and digestion issues then we could test for it later. I mentioned that his sister seemed like she had EPI and we were shocked that she tested negative for it. The vet also suggested he could have something wrong that makes swallowing difficult for him, so for now I'm using an elevated feeder for him. So far, he's been doing well on his small increase of food. After a week we can try increasing his food again and see how that goes. smile
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 3:25pm PST 
hughughughug Hoping for the best. Poor Scruffy could use a break.Lily as well and I'm sure you could also use a bit of a break from the constant worry about their health issues,I remember how stressful it was for me with my Mattie trying to find anything that made her itch less and enjoy more while keeping the necessity of using long acting steroids to a minimum to treat her severe allergies.hugwishesmeditate when you can.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 11: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11