GO!

Scruffy is very sick

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 4 of 11: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 8:05pm PST 
hughughug
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '12 10:26am PST 
Scruffy has been doing ok. I guess he just had a really bad day. I'm still not sure what set him off like that though. He is still getting randomly dehydrated. frown Last time I emailed the vet she said the inability to concentrate urine will eventually become fatal. She said she doesn't think it's DI but we can test for it if we want to. frown I need to pick up more of his meds tomorrow so hopefully I can talk to the vet some more then.
[notify]
Mia

Born to love- Mommie

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '12 8:28pm PST 
We are praying for Scruffy! our cat sisfur has CRF and we know how serious this is...you are in our thoughts and prayers
[notify]

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 8:09am PST 
UPDATE: Scruffy has been doing well, he even gained back a little bit of the weight he has lost from being really sick. He really likes his RX diet/food combination and he been great on it. happy dance I think I also figured out what was making him so dehydrated and sick. Following his once or twice a week treat/chew he would get dehydrated/sick shortly afterwards. Since cutting out those treats he's been doing really well. Too bad those were his favorite treats.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 9:58am PST 
Glad to hear he is doing better.big grincheer So sorry he had to give-up his favorite treatscry We had to have our pups give up alot of treats due to problems with grain and all of the rawhides seem to contain pork of some kind
so we have just been making our own,usually jerky in the dehydrator.wishes on finding another treat scruffy likes.
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 11:33am PST 
Thanks Mika & Kai!! smile

At least he isn't too picky, so hopefully we can find him something that won't make him dehydrated and sick.

Edited by author Sat Sep 1, '12 11:36am PST

[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 5:40pm PST 
We are glad he's doing well......hamster dancecheerdancingway to gosnoopyhug
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 6:55pm PST 
Thanks Kali!!! smile
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 6:00am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughug and hoping Scruffy is still improving. We also hope that you have had some sucess in finding something he likes as a treat.Have you tried something as simple as a RMB? I know that excess protein can be hard on stressed kidneys but if it is just a little meat it may be okay. hughughughugwisheswisheswisheswishes to you both.
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 8:35am PST 
RMBs, Bully sticks, and Himalayan Dog Chews set off dehydration and make him sick.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 11: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11