GO!

Scruffy is very sick

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 3 of 11: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '12 8:19am PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughug I p-mailed you.wishes
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '12 9:42am PST 
hughughug's and Prayers for Scruffy, feel better flowers
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '12 10:59am PST 
I would come right out and ask the vet if his time is close. Even though we are never prepared, at least you will know what to expect. My heart goes out to you. hughughug I'm sorry you're going through this. hughug
I will say that sometimes (at least my vet does) the vets feel as bad as you do and they are reluctant to tell you the truth. So, I would just ask. hug
[notify]

Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '12 11:38am PST 
I know that my Vet feels bad. She has been so helpful and caring in regards to Scruffy. Back when he was first diagnosed with undersized kidneys the vet said that it would shorten his life but that we would do all that we can for him. Right now he still seems like he wants to hang around. He's still happy and playful and wants to eat and drink and cuddle. His old vet mentioed DI before. He got really sick last summer and had dilute urine and was drinking tons of water and was dehydrated. He seemed to improve though but his urine has been dilute for like a year. He's always been weird about water, when he drinks he drinks all at once. I will definatly be talking to the vet more.
[notify]
The Roo- Crew™- ©®

We go together- like peas &- carrots

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '12 7:25pm PST 
When I lost my first, Kody, no one ever told me he was dying. They told me he was very sick.

Had I known what he was going through, I would have done things differently, but maybe they thought they were doing me a favor not telling me the truth, knowing how much I loved him.

I'm so sorry.

I know cats respond well to subcutaneous fluids. I don't know about dogs. Is that an option?
Kali

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 6:25pm PST 
How's Scruffy today?
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 10:51am PST 
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for the continued support & prayers. It really means a lot to me! Thank you so much everyone!

Scruffy seems to be doing better. Yesterday he had a good day. Today he's been napping all day but that's nothing out of the ordinary! laugh out loud He's still playful, happy and wants cuddles. His energy seems to be picking up a bit and he doesn't seem quite as lathargic. Before he would lag behind on walks and would only perk up once we were heading home and now so far he isn't lagging behind anymore and seems to be enjoying walks again. He's been so hungry on this new RX food though. The vet wanted us to mix the RX food with the food he was on and that's what we've been doing and his stool has been improving. The new Acid Reflux med seems to be helping as well.

Edited by author Thu Aug 2, '12 11:08am PST

[notify]
Kali

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 6:28pm PST 
happy dance That's good news.smile
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 2:14pm PST 
Scruffy isn't doing too well today. frown His gums are pale and he is a bit lethargic. When I took him out to potty he plopped down and threw up 3 times. It was hardly anything but he hasn't thrown up in months. frown I fed him and gave him some Pedialite and now he wants to go to sleep.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Aug 10, '12 5:36pm PST 
Poor Scruffy.hughughughughughughughughughughughug Hope he is feeling much better soon.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 11: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11