GO!

Vet says Maggie has a tumor or lesion on her brain

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Tue Mar 6, '12 8:45am PST 
Unless Maggie has been through diagnostic tests already i very much doubt she will considering they need to sell things off to afford her cremation.
[notify]
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Tue Mar 6, '12 6:28pm PST 
She has seen other vets before coming to me. Her paperwork that came from her former owner who works for a vet notes her head tremors and mentions several seizure episodes. Her current vet called and conferred with the vet where her former owner works and that's how he came to that diagnosis. We have been going through some rough times lately but she is doing ok right now. We were told earlier in the week that the house we have been living in for almost a year is going to be bulldozed so we have to move. However we did get some good news that we can get the house we were living in when we got Maggie back from the company who bought it at the tax sale.The people who had the house before us had over $1,500 in back taxes that they expected us to pay up.When we couldnt do it the house sold for those taxes. The company who bought the house just wants to make a profit off it but we get it for the same amount that we were paying before. A lot of the stuff that we have we really dont need most of it belonged to the former owners of the house we are getting back. They had over 30 days to get the stuff that they wanted so now its ours to do with as we please. Lots of trips to the local auction to sell stuff off.
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Tue Mar 6, '12 6:50pm PST 
And without current scans the diagnosis isn't a diagnosis at all, it's a guess based on a vet who hasn't seen her in how long exactly?
[notify]

Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Tue Mar 6, '12 6:55pm PST 
Is this the meth house you are moving back to? I agree that without current diagnostic tests you can not rely on a supposed conversation between 2 vets that you were not privy to.
I would be selling things to pay for the tests..not her cremation. Just sayin shrug
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '12 7:59am PST 
Oh, dear. I am very sorry for Maggie. I hope that you look into this, rather than ending her life without confirming the situation.

I wish that you would consider before you continue to get/breed dogs that you can't afford to take care of.

I'm sorry, but it seems to be the case with most of your posts.
[notify]
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '12 2:03pm PST 
No its not the meth house. We were only renting that one. Where we are moving to is one that we were buying on contract for deed but found out that the former owners of the house were behind on the taxes. I have Maggie's vet records from her former vet just not sure where. Last time I saw them was when I hit a deer last fall. They were in the glove box of the vehicle and I think I put them in the pocket on the seat of the spare vehicle I had. But now there are more things going on with Maggie than her seizures. I was doing a little rub down on her front legs today and noticed that her wrist joints were a little swelled and she nipped at me when I went to rub her wrists.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '12 4:13pm PST 
The vets can look at her legs when they do a scan on her, too..
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Mar 7, '12 5:38pm PST 
Just saying, ANY seizure activity is the result of a lesion in the brain causing the electrical miss-fire. That is what a seizure is.
A tumor would certainly NOT stay the same size over all these years, it would grow FAST and create MORE serious and more constant issues.
Dogs with brain tumors rarely last more than 6 months before constant non-stop seizures or other serious mental symptoms will begin.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2