GO!

Prayers needed

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
Wilbur Bud

Mr. Perfect!

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 4:02pm PST 
Any prayers and support that you can send our way would be greatly appreciated for Wilbur Bud. This week he was diagnosed with a large mass in his adrenal gland and his surgery is tomorrow morning. We have 4 cocker spaniels and exactly 1 year ago today, his brother, Buster, was diagnosed with an oral melanoma and 3 years ago their sister, Beulah, was diagnosed with a mast cell tumor. Beulah is perfect with no reoccurance, Buster is in remission and now we have Wilbur. What are the odds that we have 3 of 4 dogs with cancer. All have and will continue to get the best treatment available at Red Bank Veterinary Hospital in Tinton Falls, NJ. Thanks for any words of encouragement.

-Gail
[notify]
Feather

Just a quick nap- before bed- time!!

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 6:17pm PST 
We will be thinking of you tomorrow. It is tough, to have a dog with cancer. Feather had a vey large mass removed from her right rear leg almost 1 year ago, it was a stage 2 Mast Cell tumor. Scary stuff. Sounds like you have a great Vet at a great hospital.

We will be praying for Wilbur tomorrow. Let us know how he makes out. Is he having a biopsy or removal of the tumor?

Good luck and update when you can!!!!wishes
[notify]
Ellie

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 6:58pm PST 
Sending good thoughts and prayers.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 7:47pm PST 
Sending thoughts and prayers. Hope your pup is on his way to getting better soon.Prayers with family,too this must be very trying for you.
[notify]
Wilbur Bud

Mr. Perfect!

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 9:51pm PST 
Thanks to all for the kind words. Wilbur will have a biopsy and we really, really hope this comes back benign. We should hear back on that in about a week. Wilbur needs to stay in the hospital for 2 days after surgery so that they can monitor for blood clots.and other possible complications. I can't wait to have him back home!!!
[notify]
Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 4:48am PST 
Sending prayers for you! hug
[notify]
Timmy

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 8:11am PST 
Our warmest thoughts and prayers are with you! Please keep us posted on Wilbur Buds status.hug
[notify]
Cody,- Beulah,- Buster &- Wilbur

We Rule!

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 11:14am PST 
Wilbur made it through surgery but is in critical condition. The mass hit his veins and there was a lot of blood loss and he ended up having a kidney removed and is having transfusions. The next 24 hours are critical and the doctor gave him a 50 - 50 chance of pulling through. All of this simply started with him urinating in the house, which I had been checking on with my local vet to see if this was behavioral or physical. Some of the tests came back with a slight infection and we gave him antibiotics. He continued to urinate so I escalated this to an internist at our local Red Bank Vet Hospital in Linwood and received the bad news. Since the day we brought all of our pups home, I have micro managed their health and cannot believe that this growth was undetected. It's so sureal to think he was cuddling, kissing and wagging his tail yesterday. I just want him on the road to recovery and back home to shower him with toys and treats. His sister and brothers miss him. Please, please keep us in your prayers.

Gail
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 2:35pm PST 
My heart goes out to you! Hang in there! hug
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Sat Oct 1, '11 3:18pm PST 
hughug...many many prayers...hughug
[notify]