GO!

Poor Marlowe Got Double-Whammied (nothing too serious)

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Marlowe, RN,- CGC

Seize life by- the big stick!

Barked: Tue Jan 25, '11 5:11pm PST 
Marlowe's been out to dog shows two weekends in a row, and I woke up Sunday morning to "cough...cough...cough, cough, cough, RETCH!" Yup. Kennel cough. And yes, he is UTD on his bordatella vaccine. shrug

To top that off, we were playing a rather vigorous game of fetch a couple of weeks ago, and he went in for his characteristic home plate slide through the leaves to get the ball. And came out limping. After two weeks of some days acting like his foot was fine, and other days favoring it, I finally had the vet look at it when I took him in for the kennel cough.

$100+ later, he's taking 2 kinds of antibiotics, has pain meds for his foot, and is on bed rest for 2 weeks for a probable soft tissue injury. shock My very active, intelligent, bratty 13-month-old retriever puppy is on doctor's orders for no running, no jumping, and no walks except for potty breaks on leash. We need POTP, not for him, but for my sanity! laugh out loud

I think this calls for a shopping trip to any store that carries puzzle toys. And for me to find ways to improve my karma. wink
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 9:50am PST 
frown get better, Marlowe!
[notify]
Angel Lexi- ...Gone But- Never

Angel Kisses And- Butterfly- Whispers

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 6:54pm PST 
hug Marlowe hug
[notify]

♥- DarlaMae - ♥