Close X

Tundra is sick and the E vet wont take payments and we are broke

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.


I'm growling- bigger now
Barked: Mon Dec 13, '10 3:32am PST 
Hey guys I need help here. Tundra one of my two 8 month old husky mix puppies is sick. She was fine yesterday playing and doing her cross between a howl and a bark. I took her out twice to potty, (its been cold here and you cant pry the dogs out the door with a treat) both times she went potty and when she came back in she played with Maggie. About an hour ago I woke up to the sound of Tundra doing this odd grunting whining thing. I opened her crate door and she crawled out like she cant stand up. I called the E-vet and because we dont get paid till Friday they wont treat her. Suggested that I wait till my vet opens at 8 am and call them. She is crawling around like she cant get her legs under her and her head is down. She is up to date on her shots and I am worried that she could have gotten into something. We have no cash on hand because it has taken all we had to move $600.00 $550 of that for the first months rent and a $200 deposit the other $50 went for the water bill. I have been checking on Tundra and when I checked her a few minutes ago she was laying with her nose in the corner by the shower. She just doesnt act like she normally does. It is normal for her to not eat for a day even if she has food down to eat. She is shivering like she is cold but if I turn the heater toward her she will move away from it. Hubby wonders if it could be Distemper but with it being down in the low teens to single digits temp wise seeing as how its winter I dont think that is a possibility and neither did the e-vet. Just wondering if maybe mouse poison or something like that could make her go from being really playful one moment to being very sick the next. Her temp is normal for a puppy her age. The two major changes for her though have been the move and going from being an outside dog to an inside one. What can we do till the vet opens and IF she dies or has to be put down how much does cremating the remains cost?

Barked: Mon Dec 13, '10 6:33am PST 
mouse poison could make her ill but if she was in a kennel all night I dont think thats it. I would suggest calling your normal vet to see if they will deffer payment till friday. MONITOR her closely, Well monitor both dogs. I would disinfect BOTH kennells, and floors. I wouldnt jump to her being so sick she passes away yet. OFFER water but take up food incase she needs surgery or something

Edited by author Mon Dec 13, '10 6:37am PST


I'm growling- bigger now
Barked: Mon Dec 13, '10 6:47am PST 
She seems a little better called my vet and because my stepdad never paid a bill that I put in my name for one of his dogs the vet wont do payments. But on another note Maggie my full blooded husky had a full body seizure about an hour ago and seems major disoriented. Am going to look up her former vet's number and call and talk to her former owner. It was major scary to find Maggie in a seizure. Maggie is up to date on her shots as well Tundras sister is fine.

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?
Barked: Mon Dec 13, '10 10:21am PST 
Get them to a vet asap.... Something just isn't right...thinking hug

too old to eat- any more KD
Barked: Mon Dec 13, '10 12:44pm PST 
How awful! It does sound like some type of poisoning. You can call the ASPCA is a 35$ charge, but they might be able to help until you can get to the vet. Have you looked into vets at the local humane society? Maybe they will take payments. Good luck, keep us posted.hug