GO!

My Shih Tzu, Mocha, vomits a thick yellow bile. =(

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Max and- Mocha

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 4:04pm PST 
My Shih Tzu, Mocha, vomits a thick yellow bile. she has been vomitting for 2 days already and doesn't want to eat.

anyone who had experienced this already with their shih tzu and what did you do to help them recover.

need help please...thanks thanks
[notify]
Huntington

drawing dog- dweeb

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 4:07pm PST 
VET
[notify]
Max and- Mocha

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 4:13pm PST 
the vet says she has no problem. she just said thay maybe she has an upset stomach.
[notify]

Huntington

drawing dog- dweeb

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 8:23pm PST 
Yellow bile is usually what dogs throw up when they're hungry, but she wont eat...?
[notify]
Sallie Mae

Sallie Mae

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 9:23pm PST 
2nd vet opinion, please.
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Fri Dec 18, '09 5:26pm PST 
Is it kind of foamy? I second the other poster who stated dogs will frequently throw up yellow bile when their stomach has been empty for too long, usually going too long between meals. She may also not like the food (what do you feed?), which might explain the not eating? You can give her some pepto bismol to try and soothe her stomach, then I'd see if you can tempt her to eat some plain boiled chicken and rice. Anything to get her eating. If she either still refuses to eat or throws up again after eating, get a second vet opinion. This would also be a good post in the health forum, you'll generally get more response..

Edited by author Fri Dec 18, '09 5:26pm PST

[notify]
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Sun Dec 20, '09 3:54am PST 
VET NOW! Did vet test for intestinal bacteria? Pups can die within 48 hours from dehydration with prolonged vomiting or diahreah. Have the more expensive test done, around $90.00. The cheaper one is not acurrate. Throwing up yellow bile is not because the dog is hungry. Something is wrong. See a different vet.

Edited by author Sun Dec 20, '09 3:55am PST

[notify]
Ruby

Beauty and- Brains

Barked: Mon Dec 21, '09 7:40am PST 
Mocha,

Wish I could help, but I don't know anything about this. Sounds like you have gotten some good advice here. Did your vet have any explanation?

I hope you can get to the bottom of this soon. confused

Take care,

Ruf, dog Ruby
[notify]
Cisco Kid

Free Kisses!!!

Barked: Sat Dec 26, '09 1:12pm PST 
wave I used to puke up that nasty, foamy, yellow stuff too...finally mom took me to a reliable vet and he determined that I had food allergies...mostly protein driven so I was switched to dark protiens: Veal, Rabbit, Duck, Vennison...that fixed the problem.

The yellow pukie stuff would come back from time to time if I managed to sneak too many treats from visitrudors or if Mom caved and gave me off-the-shelf stuff..hrmph...

Hope you find out the problem soon...xoxoxo
[notify]
Bella

I Love to give- kisses and- snuggle!

Barked: Sat Dec 26, '09 5:56pm PST 
My Lhasa would have stomach troubles off and on. He usually ate something he shouldn't have and then would vomit up everything until he was just vomiting yellow bile. Then for a few days he would vomit up his dog food because his stomach was still upset. Vet had me cook hamburger and rice, and give him pepcid for a few weeks. Then gradually and I mean very slowly give him a few bites of dog food with his hamburger and rice. Like maybe 5 little pieces of food at a time and work up to his dog food. Then gradually work at decreasing his pepcid. I would have to do this off and on. Living on the farm he sometimes would get into something, dead bird or something and get an upset stomach.

I would see a different Vet. No fun vomiting. Best of luck!
I just looked at your page and see your only 3 months old. I would definitely see another Vet. your puppy is too young to be vomiting very often. Good luck!

Edited by author Sat Dec 26, '09 6:07pm PST

[notify]