GO!

Please say a little prayer for me. Surgery tomorrow (Thurs. 7am)

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

I eat, therefore- I am.....

Barked: Wed Dec 9, '09 11:23pm PST 
Hi everyone! I'm going in for surgery tomorrow (Thurs) morning at 7am for a luxating patella on one knee that has to be completely reworked, fractured, re-set and wired into place and maybe the other one, too! I'm trying to be a big brave girl, but it's ruff. Please, any pawsitive thoughts and prayers would be So very appreciated!! Thank you, Penny the 3 & 1/2 lb Chihuahua and her pet human. ps, Dogster people are the BEST!!!!
[notify]
✝ Angel- Tosha ✝

Barked: Thu Dec 10, '09 1:32pm PST 
You are in my prayers sweetie. POP hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Takoda CGC

Barked: Thu Dec 10, '09 6:05pm PST 
hughughug Penny hughughug
Hope the surgery went well. Thoughts and prayers for you.
[notify]

Sallie Mae

Sallie Mae

Barked: Thu Dec 10, '09 9:12pm PST 
Oh Penny Mouse--you are so sweet and cute. Hope all goes well. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
[notify]
Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

Barked: Thu Dec 10, '09 11:19pm PST 
Thank you all SO so much!! You guys are wonderful!!! applause Surgery went well, the hind right knee was completely re-worked as planned and the other knee the surgeon also operated on, but she said that she only had to cut a small groove in the bone to keep the kneecap in place. Dr said it was minimally invasive surgery. 2 whole hours!!! Dr. said it went really well. We all visited Penny in intensive doggie care where she's being closely monitored at the hospital and she was alert by 7pm and wanted So badly to come with us, but we know she needs to stay where she's at for the nite. Lucky for us, she gets to come home in the morning!!! YAY!!! Good thing about being hairless, you can't really tell when your hind end gets shaved!! BOL! I'm bouncing back world!!! We've bought a new childs padded playpen to keep her confined that has wheels, so she'll be wheeled from room to room in style during her recovery. I'll keep you all updated and thank you again!! YAY I get to come home tomorrow!!!!! snoopy
[notify]
Ruby

Beauty and- Brains

Barked: Fri Dec 11, '09 7:43am PST 
Penny,

Glad your surgery is over and it went well. Now the hard part begins, but I know you can handle it. way to go Just try to relax and don't do too much too soon. You will get better. You have the Power of the Paw and everyone at Dogster behind you.

You are going to like your playpen. We have one for my sister Sydney [she had back surgery] and we all take turns going in it. It is a big hit at our house.

Take care, be strong and enjoy all the extra attention you will get. laugh out loud

Ruf, dog Ruby
[notify]
Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

Barked: Fri Dec 11, '09 4:11pm PST 
I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!We picked up Ms. Penny at 11am this morning! The doc only wanted to send me home on a doggy anti inflammitory and doggy tylenol, but thanks to you smart Dogsters super advice in another forum, mom insisted on better pain control, so im resting VERY comfortably on moms lap with a Fentenol pain patch, wrapped in a pink, furry baby blanket. I stood up on my own for the first time since surgery about an hour ago! I'm eating and drinking good and getting lotsa rest. The day before Christmas Eve I get my sutures out and can stop wearing this goofy looking E collar! Mom just figured out what the E stood for, BOL!!!!!!!!!!!! But im doing real good. Thank you for the barks and prayers. I'm getting better all the time!!!! dancing
[notify]
Bemis

Wanna play????

Barked: Fri Dec 11, '09 4:37pm PST 
Penny, we are glad that you are home safe and sound (and fairly painfree)! way to go Take it easy and have a quick recovery! We are thinking about you!wave
[notify]
Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

Barked: Sun Dec 13, '09 9:39pm PST 
Thank you so much!!! Doing a little better today. I can stand up without shaking so much now. Dr. had to express my bladder in doggy ER yesterday as I refused to urinate and it had been 24 hours. I refused again and back to the ER after 24 hours I went! Got another ultrasound and checked out again and the vet showed mom how to express my bladder herself. She's VERY careful! I couldn't go at the office (too much pressure, he, he..) but with a little help I went at home...YAY!!!! First time since surgery at home. cheer I'm feeling better today and had sausage for breakfast and baked chicken and rice for dinner and am getting horribly spoiled. Tried to play a little bit without moving much. I just swatted moms had around and tried to play bite, just to put a smile on moms face. It worked. Better and better every day! Getting my sutures out the day before Xmas eve. It'll be good to get this e collar off, comes off when the sutures come out. Every time mom puts the collar on, when she can't watch me every second, I give her the sad eye and she hurries right back. The vet was right, I got her wrapped around my little paw....BOL!
Thank you for the support and pawsitive thoughts Dogsters!!! As always, no one understands like you do and we appreciate your support and wisdom So Much!!!! Thank you again!!! way to goway to go
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Mon Dec 14, '09 1:27pm PST 
Oh, Penny, I’m sorry I missed that you were going into surgery. Seems like you had a TTT on one side and two Trochleoplasties..Glad to hear you are recovering so well! You are right – being hairless makes you look less ridiculous than Lilith does right now. Everyone tells us to go buy her some pants…. red face

Anyway, that’s awesome that you are up and about already.. just don’t over do it!
blue dog
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2