GO!

Knowledge/Past Experience of Soft Tisssue Sarcoma in Dog

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

**HB**Now in- Doggie- Heaven**

I'm sleeping so- just leave me- alone!

Barked: Wed Mar 25, '09 7:24pm PST 
Has anyone had/have an experience with a Soft Tissue Sarcoma grade 3 on their dog? Also knowledge of radiation treatments? Such as sign effects and the overall outcome. Please share any info.
[notify]
NIKITA - 01/28/2001-0- 4/15/2009

Flyin'- High

Barked: Mon Apr 6, '09 5:23pm PST 
I was diagnosed with two soft tissue cell sarcomas (one on my leg and one on my back) just before Christmas. I had surgery Jan 9th, but they were both so deep that they couldn't get good margins. I had 22 radiation treatments which ended March 5th and my leg just healed up this week.

I thought I was on the road to recovery until about 3 days ago when I started having a hard time at night, restless, panting, labored breathing. And yesterday my appetite changed. Today I threw up my breakfast. I don't know whats going on. One minute I want to run and play and the next I don't feel well at all.

I go for my post radiation appt Apr 8th (Wed). They said there's no way to tell (no tests) if the cancer is gone because the "abnormal cells" will still show up. My mama is really worried about me. They said there was an 80%-85% chance of getting all of it...so we'll see.
[notify]
NIKITA - 01/28/2001-0- 4/15/2009

Flyin'- High

Barked: Mon Apr 6, '09 5:28pm PST 
Oh...and side effects of radiation varies for each dog and the area it's on. For example, there weren't bad effects on my back at all...it just turned black. On my leg, though, it was bad. The tumor was in the bend (elbow) and there not much muscle or fat there. After about 11 treatments it started to ooze and crust. It hurt a lot. It was like a severe sunburn, but worse. After the treatments were over I had to go back 3 x a week for two weeks to have it cleaned (under sedation).

If you need to know anything else feel free to pmail me.
[notify]